1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

To mark your thread sold, edit the title and choose the "SOLD" prefix. See the FAQ for more info

FS feeler: Cirrus 6

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by brstma, Sep 22, 2013.

1. brstma

brstma Supporting Member

*Bass has been traded*

I'm not sure if I want to let this go so this is a feeler for now. The only reason I might sell is because I'm feeling like more of a 5 string player lately and this one gets less and less play.

I bought this new in April '01 (found receipt). Sam Ash ordered it direct for me so it was never on the wall at a store. I've taken better care of it than most people, including the occasional recoat of tung oil as Peavey suggests. It's the standard walnut/ bubinga model. I've changed the stock hardware to hipshot, put walnut knobs on, laminated the cover plates with walnut veneer, and installed insert nuts for the back plates. I had to angle the tuners a little so the top two wouldn't rub, which you can see in the pic. There is one worn fret spot, second fret on the D, there's a pic of that too. It doesn't cause any playability issues that I notice. I have the action on the higher side of low as I hate buzz. The action on this is still lower than the Cirrus 5 custom shop I just picked up used.

I'm looking for $1150 shipped (OBO) fedex in OHSC to con US. Get in touch if you'd be interested

If you want to hear it in action:
    https://soundcloud.com/brstma/mtx
    https://soundcloud.com/brstma/onemanband1-2
    https://soundcloud.com/brstma/my-guitar-wants-to-eat-your

Attached Files:

2. brstma

brstma Supporting Member

more pics

Attached Files:

3. brstma

brstma Supporting Member

couple more

Attached Files:

4. Biga173rd

Biga173rd

Bumb. Love all of the upgrades you made to this already Beast of a Bass. The 2 tone gold and black hardware really gives this bass a higher end look.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. brstma

brstma Supporting Member

Thanks, I've always hated shiny gold hardware and decided to switch to Hipshot after seeing that's what they put on the tiger eye model.

So far I have one very tempting trade offer that I will probably take. Still open to offers in the meantime.
  7. Biga173rd

Biga173rd

Good luck with the Sale or Trade. I already own one but man that 2 tone look is Genius I think I might do the same. Of course you get the credit for the idea lol :D
  8. brstma

brstma Supporting Member

Trade deal pending...
  9. brstma

brstma Supporting Member

Traded to Hqubed for a sweet custom shop 5. Oil rubbed redwood top with ebony board and black graphite headstock. Millennium pre too :bassist:

Attached Files: