1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

FS feeler: Ibanez SR800 - all-black Fujigen goodness

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by MarkoYYZ, Feb 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarkoYYZ

MarkoYYZ Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0

I'm a little reluctant to do this, but I have two of them and would let this go if it allows me to divert the funds towards another immediate purchase. If the other bass sells in the meantime, then this ad gets pulled and it stays in the collection.

1987 Ibanez SR800
    - MIJ at the famous Fujigen Gakki, 1987 I believe
    - Neck is fast and straight, adjusts without issue
    - Back of neck has has the gloss removed with .000 steel wool
    - Bridge is solid, tuners are nice, stays in tune perfectly
    - Active PJ system with upgraded Seymour Duncan STC-3 preamp
    - Controls are Volume (with pull up for slap contour) / Pickup Blend / Midrange / stacked Bass+Treble

The only issue of any kind is that the mid-range control pot is nearly shot. I have contacted SD to see if I can get a factory equivalent replacement, but will put in a standard B100K for the buyer if I don't get a fast answer from them.

Will ship in a somewhat beat up, sticker covered hard shell original case - if for no other reason than to get it to you safely.

Looking for $300 shipped CONUS and Canada, or $310 west of Mississippi.

Pics below. Any questions - aside from trade offers (NO) - please fire away. Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

2. MarkoYYZ

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0

Another pic of the unit listed in the OP above...

Attached Files:

3. MarkoYYZ

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0

I could also part with the non-upgraded model for $250. It would have the original Ibanez preamp, but I would still include the Ibby hardcase. All black as well.

These sell on the GC used site and eBay for $250-$400, so I'm at the more fair end of the spectrum considering the HSC and shipping.
  4. bassfreakah

bassfreakah Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist Ernie ball strings
    phat basses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.