1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

FS feeler: Ibanez SR800 - all-black Fujigen goodness

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by MarkoYYZ, Feb 13, 2014.

1. MarkoYYZ

MarkoYYZ Supporting Member

I'm a little reluctant to do this, but I have two of them and would let this go if it allows me to divert the funds towards another immediate purchase. If the other bass sells in the meantime, then this ad gets pulled and it stays in the collection.

1987 Ibanez SR800
    - MIJ at the famous Fujigen Gakki, 1987 I believe
    - Neck is fast and straight, adjusts without issue
    - Back of neck has has the gloss removed with .000 steel wool
    - Bridge is solid, tuners are nice, stays in tune perfectly
    - Active PJ system with upgraded Seymour Duncan STC-3 preamp
    - Controls are Volume (with pull up for slap contour) / Pickup Blend / Midrange / stacked Bass+Treble

The only issue of any kind is that the original stereo-tone pot for the midrange was shot and I replaced it with a standard pot. Works the same to my ear, but just making full disclosure.

Will ship in a somewhat beat up, sticker covered hard shell original case - if for no other reason than to get it to you safely.

Looking for $300 shipped CONUS and Canada, or $310 west of Mississippi.

Pics below. Any questions - aside from trade offers (will only consider an MIJ Jazz Bass Special/Boxer/Power Jazz with added value from my end) - please fire away.

Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  2. MarkoYYZ

Another pic of the unit listed in the OP above...

Attached Files:

3. MarkoYYZ

I could also part with the non-upgraded model for $250. It would have the original Ibanez preamp, but I would still include the Ibby hardcase. All black as well.

These sell on the GC used site and eBay for $250-$400, so I'm at the more fair end of the spectrum considering the HSC and shipping.

4. bassfreakah

bassfreakah

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist Ernie ball strings
    phat basses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. MarkoYYZ

I am re-opening this thread and offering this bass for sale once again. Same as before, it's a feeler to see if I can divert PayPal funds from this to an immediate purchase. If the other item sells before I can grab it, then I will probably re-lock this thread and keep this Ibanez.

Thanks for looking.

7. Bassist Jay

Bassist Jay Zane guitars and basses endorsed artist Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsed Artist, Sales Representative and Prototype bass tester for Zane Guitars.
    From the serial number is actually looks like a 1992. Free bump for a great bass being sold at a great price!

8. MarkoYYZ

Thanks Jay.

My understanding is that by 92 they had stopped with the painted necks, which were only available in the first few years of production?

9. JeromeH

JeromeH Supporting Member

Do you still have either of these??

10. howlin

howlin

11. zenrad

zenrad Supporting Member

Loved my SR800, had one of the first ones made. A few years ago I sold it to a drummer friend, wish I still had it. GLWTS.

12. MarkoYYZ

Sorry guys... this thread was from June and at the time, was thinking to sell this to fuel another purchase. It didn't happen, so I've hung onto the bass.

While it's possible things could change, the bass is off the market right now.