1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FS FEELER: Modulus M-92 5 string

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by SoComSurfing, Dec 5, 2012.

1. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Media:
    I'm still on the fence about this, so if I can find a way to get the other toys I'm looking for without moving this one, I'm pulling it down.

Modulus M-92 (5 string):
    Alder body
    35" scale
    No truss rod
    EMG DC-40 pickup
    18v 2-band EMG pre

Right now the bridge spacing is around 17.5 mm but the Schaller roller bridge is adjustable somewhat.

There is a little crack that can be felt along the fingerboard/neck joint on the bass side around the 15-24 fret area. Doesn't effect playability or set-up at all, seems to be strictly in the clear coat.

OHSC, but it's seen better days. One of the metal corners is bent, one of the metal feet is missing, and some of the tolex ripped. Pictures available.

This pic is just a placeholder. I'll try to upload better pics tomorrow:
    [​IMG]

$1450 shipped.

Only trade interest would be along the lines of a Nash T-63 or similar tele or Trans Green MM Sterling a/ rosewood board (+$). I've got my eye on a Nash tele and a certain wedding gift for my fiance, so if I manage to pick those up before this sells, I'm keeping it.
  2. SoComSurfing

Media:
    [​IMG]

A few little dings/dimples on the back:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lots of other pics available. PM me for more.
  3. SoComSurfing

Media:
    To the top.

It's wearing a set of old Elixers with a Blue Steel "B" string, IIRC. I'll throw on a new set of DR Hi-Beams, D'Addario XLs, or Ernie Balls before shipping.
  4. hugheaton

hugheaton

Are you still interested in selling your modulus?
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. speak2planets

speak2planets Supporting Member

What year is this beauty?
  7. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Disclosures:
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I had a red one a long time ago. It's still on my "Basses I Regretted Selling" list.
  8. SoComSurfing

Media:
    Good morning guys - I was away from TB all day yesterday, so didn't see these posts until just now.

Hugh - this one is still available.
    s2p - to the best of my knowledge it's a '93. At least that's what the serial number starts with.
    Woodchuck - thanks for the kind words. Means a lot coming from you since I'm sure that you know the best of the best. It won't hurt my feelings to keep it, I just have others that cover too much of the same territory in the tonal spectrum.
  9. Baird6869

Baird6869 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Nobody is stupid enough to actually pay me to play their gear.
    Cool!

I have 2 Modulus basses and thought I was fairly knowledgeable about all things Modulus.... I have never heard of a M92 though!
  10. Hidesert

Hidesert Supporting Member

These are sometimes called "sweet spot" basses because of the pickup location. Based upon my recent Modulus search, I would say that this is a beautiful example at a great price.