SOLD FS Feeler: Ritter Classic 4 - Sword Inlay

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Proton Lenny, Nov 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Proton Lenny

Proton Lenny Supporting Member

OK, I've come to the conclusion that unfortunately I have to sell this bass to fund a new one on the way. It is the best bass I've personally played hands down, but I just ordered a 6 string and I won't be playing my four that much anymore. So instead of having this gorgeous bass sitting on a stand all day, let's get it into someones hands who will continue to make it sing!

Specs:

Ritter Classic 4 (#640) http://www.ritter-instruments.com/certificates/0640.pdf
    Bone Nut
    Mahogany Body
    Flamed maple top
    3-piece maple neck
    Ebony fingerboard
    34" Scale
    Ritter's progressive string spacing (about 20mm, but adjustable down a few mm if desired)
    Normal Ritter Masterbar Pickups and EQ
    White Pearl Sword Inlay

I've had this bass about 4 years. I've taken really good care of it. It has always been in a case if I'm not wearing it. It sounds absolutely stunning. Very punchy, and funky. Clean and crisp slap vibe. And really transparent for chordal work. You can set the action up as low as you like (the neck is almost completely flat with the strings floating right above the frets for me). Do to the expansive EQ, hum-canceling singles, two fat humbuckers, and passive/active electronics, a wide array of sounds are available at your fingertips.

Functionally the bass is perfect. Overal, it is in great cosmetic conditions. Fret ware is minimal to zip. The only real noticeable marrings are on the bottom of the lower bout and a tiny scratch under the coil tap. The surface scratch on the bout was from a button on my jeans. I didn't notice it immediately because of its location, its hard to see! The scratch only went through the top layer of finish, so it is still black. Tried to capture it in one of the pictures. The original black washers fell off on the coil taps. I'm not sure where or when. I replaced them with chrome ones and when I was putting them on I hit the surface with the wrench. Doh! It is a tiny scratch, bout 3-4mm. Besides those two, the bass looks great! I've kept the fingerboard and pickup covers clean, and oiled them regularly. I get comments on it constantly. Especially the sword! ;)

The only other thing I did to the bass (besides replacing the lost coil-tap washers) was put springs under the pickups for adjustment. I compressed the original foam all the way, and I needed to raise the pickups, so I found springs that fit and put them in there. It now is adjustable up and down as many times as one likes. The springs didn't affect the sound or feel at all. And there is no rattling or anything like that. If you really wanted you could take them out and put foam back in. The springs are just held in by pressure, no screwing or drilling was done.

If you are seriously interested hit me up. I'm not really looking for trades since I'm selling this to fund a bass on the way. However I will need a four string to teach with. I was going to buy something like an Ibanez SR600 for this purpose when I sold my Ritter. So if you have a relatively inexpensive four string (under a grand), I might consider that as partial trade. Preferably one with 24 frets and double soapbar pickups. I think I've pretty thoroughly covered all anyone would be curious about, but feel free to ask questions. I purchased this bass for right under $7500. Looking to get around $5000 (now $4700) shipped ConUS or best offer. Will come with original Ritter case and certificate. I'm really sad to even think about letting this one go, but I figure I can always get another one down the road. Maybe my fully custom dream Ritter! :bassist:

Proton

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Nick901

Nick901 Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    GTA dealer for Acoustic USA
  3. Molan

Molan

I'm a recent convert to Ritter basses - I know looks aren't to everyone's tastes but they are just amazing to play and have so much tonal variation :)

Bump for a great bass!

4. Nick901

Nick901 Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    GTA dealer for Acoustic USA
    I have to bump this to the top. A Ritter is on my list. All my $$$ is tied up in inventory right now.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Proton Lenny

Bump and Black Friday price drop to $4800.

7. Ds1

Ds1

Disclosures:
    President: The High Studio. Head Honcho: Ish Group, Inc.
    Whats the price been dropped to?

8. fenderbassist24

fenderbassist24

I believe it says 4800 in the OP.

9. Proton Lenny

Oh, sorry, I changed the original post to $4800. It was originally at $5000. I'll change that around so it is more clear.

10. Firesalt

Firesalt Pretty fly for a white guy. Supporting Member

That is a CRAZY good looking bass. Best of luck with the sale.

11. Proton Lenny

Bump. Thanks for the compliments Firesalt (you an Elder Scrolls player?). It really is a gorgeous bass. I've received compliments at almost every show I've played with it.

12. Firesalt

As a matter of fact I am... :D

13. bearhart74

bearhart74

psssst.. this looks like the Holy Grail "best bass for metal". Don't tell anyone.

14. CauliColin

CauliColin

I would take a naked dump in public for this.

15. WalWarrior

WalWarrior Supporting Member

Beautiful Bass! I love my Roya - So easy to play, such awesome tones. Jens Ritter makes some killer instruments. Good luck with the sale.

16. Firesalt

Wanting the bass isn't the problem... I'm sure you got plenty of people there. Affording the bass in this soft market is another story. It's tough to sell in this market.
    Bump for luck!

17. Molan

Molan

It's a shame the market for used body parts isn't very buoyant for us over 50's :(

18. Proton Lenny

Sunday Bump and Price Drop. Changing the price a bit. Dropping it to a flat $4500 for a local sale (Kansas). If not a local sale then add shipping.

19. Proton Lenny

Price is still the same, but I'm also going to accept partial trades. I still really need the cash, and I'd probably flip the bass that is traded almost immediately, but to make the sale easier I might accept some trade. Nothing over $1500 of trade value. I still want to get at least about $3000 cash out of this deal. But if you have some trade ideas, hit me up!

20. sandberg

sandberg

21. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.