1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

FS Feeler Tube Amps-Traynor YBA-1A/Bassman 135

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by martinmastro, Sep 17, 2013.

1. martinmastro

martinmastro

Just thought I throw up an initial feeler to see if there is any interest in my tube amps. I will update with any additional pictures and info. if anyone's interested...

1. Traynor YBA-1A (1974 vintage), rated as 90 watts and it gets loud (you know tube watts and all..hiding). It's in very good shape, built like a tank and works perfectly. I replaced all the large electrolytic caps and added a 3 prong cord other than that it's stock. Has vintage Sylvania 6CA7 power tubes that still work fine. One side of the handle is a little loose but it still functions but this thing is heavy (45 lbs. all that Hammond iron in there) so the handle is kinda useless anyway. I'm asking $400 plus shipping and since this thing weighs a bit that might get expensive...I would prefer a local sale.. I'm in northern Westchester County in New York (10567).

2. Fender Bassman 135 (1978 vintage) first off this is not the original headcase it is an aftermarket unit that I purchased and tolexed. No Fender logo and it does not have the metal side vents or the original style back piece. I bought the chassis separately and it was missing the metal cap cover so I made my own. I replaced all the large electrolytic caps. and installed new power tubes (JJ's) and other preamp/driver tubes. The amp works perfectly and is also quite loud and heavy (also around 45 lbs.) so I would prefer a local sale. Asking $400 plus shipping.

Attached Files:

2. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist Gold Supporting Member

bump, for some tube action

3. velcromonk

velcromonk

I maybe interested in the bassman 135. Where are you located?

4. hennessybass

hennessybass Supporting Member

Nice. Always wanted to try one of those Traynor amps.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. velcromonk

velcromonk

I see now you're from new York. Would you consider shipping the bassman?

7. Big Doggie

Big Doggie

Sent a pm re: Traynor

8. martinmastro

martinmastro

Thanks for the interest in the amps. I guess I was caught off guard a little in that I didn't do my homework on shipping either one of these things ( I was hoping for a local sale) and I have no idea of the costs involved. I guess the best thing is for me to do is to bring them to FedEx and get an estimate with them packing/insuring/shipping. If anyone has experience shipping these things I would appreciate any advice.
    I will check it out and report back. Thanks
    Martin

9. ldervish

ldervish

FYI, There is a stickie on shipping heavy amps at the front of this section.

10. martinmastro

martinmastro

Thanks Idervish I did see that stickie afterwards...I have had a little interest in the amps but unfortunately nothing local yet...I can ship either amp but I think I'm going to limit it to the CONUS.
    To get an idea of the shipping costs I went to the FedEx site and input the approx. weight (45 lbs.) and box dimensions and used a distant destination (San Diego CA since I'm in NY) and I got about $70 for either amp. and approx. $50 to St. Louis MO. Hope that helps you approximate the shipping cost.
    PM me if your interested...
    Thanks
    Martin

11. DJS

DJS Supporting Member

PM'd from NY

12. velcromonk

velcromonk

13. DJS

DJS Supporting Member

14. MattZilla

MattZilla

Media:
    Albums:
    Pm'd from new york.

15. velcromonk

velcromonk

Ha ha Tonka yea man! My band not a planet opened for them last thanksgiving. Great guys.

16. DJS

DJS Supporting Member

Great... an Orangeman. There goes the neighborhood. :D

17. DJS

DJS Supporting Member

Nice! They played a festival here 2 years ago and were a huge hit. Great to talk to.

My wife just about ended up on their tour bus after a few drinks!

[​IMG]

18. martinmastro

martinmastro

Thanks guys I got all your PM's.
    Sorry for the slow response time from me but with two kids, wife,dog, job, house I'm spread a little thin... it seems most people are interested in the Bassman 135.
    Since I haven't gotten any local interest I will just ship to whoever wants it but I think it's only fair to give the first responders the first crack at it so in order of response for the Bassman 135:
    1. velcromonk
    2. DJS
    3.TFF
    4. mojo-man

order of response for the Taynor YBA-1A:
    1. mojo-man

I'll PM down the list and we'll see how it goes...thanks

19. martinmastro

martinmastro

Traynor YBA - 1A ....SOLD!

20. My name is Mudd

My name is Mudd

Oh good/darn the luck...that keeps me from trying to work out how to afford it.

21. martinmastro

martinmastro

Sorry Mudd
    It is a great amp I just have too many amps and not enough time to use them all...ha
    Besides my 57 year old back appreciates my lighter GK MB800...
    Next I have to get rid of my SWR Goliath II ...another tone monster my back hates....ha