FS Feeler: Valenti Vintage J4 (#59)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Dirty Dave, Feb 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dirty Dave

Dirty Dave

I have bought and sold a lot of basses over the past 10 years and if I go through with this it will by far be the most difficult bass for me to part with yet. Having played countless gigs with it in both Florida and Mass, it has NEVER let me down, so I do have a somewhat emotional attachment to it as well, especially since it is one of the only custom made basses I have left.

With that said, I do want to thin the herd down a bit further and finance some other musical ventures. Since I still have two other Jazz basses being my Sadowsky Metro and Fender Deluxe Active, both with maple necks which I now prefer, I am going to put this Valenti out here in TB land to gauge the interest.

The specs on this beauty are as follows:

Alder body
    Black finish (with matching headstock)
    Black pearl pickguard
    Graphite reinforced neck
    Ebony fingerboard (no dot inlays)
    34" scale
    Sadowsky HCJ4 pickups
    Sadowsky preamp with vintage tone control
    Chrome Hardware
    Hipshot Bridge
    Dunlop straplocks

Like I already mentioned, I've played a lot of gigs with this bass, so naturally it has a few dings here and there. The finish is starting to show a bit of wear with the hairline scratches, swirl marks from extensive polishing, etc., most of which would not show up in these pics that I took just before posting this ad. However, the bass is still in great shape and has the potential to easily outlive it's next owner. Considering it has the Sadowsky pickups and preamp, it sounds EXACTLY like my Metro, which is the tone I was going for when I placed my order with Nino. I generally play with an aggressive attack, so I have the action set a bit higher than most others probably prefer. Therefore you may need to give the bass a proper set up to your liking.

$1100 shipped. Lower 48 only.

Includes a Sadowsky softcase and I will also throw in a new pack of Sadowsky Nickel Round (Blue label) standard size strings.

More detailed pics available upon request for serious inquiries only. Feel free to contact me with any questions.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. JeffplaysBass

JeffplaysBass Supporting Member

Wish it had dot inlays Bump!
  3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    It does have dots on the side of the fretboard.
  4. Type-55

Type-55 Supporting Member

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Dirty Dave

Dirty Dave

I received a PM this morning asking the same question about the weight. My only means to weigh it is my bathroom scale and I am getting a reading of 9 lbs. I'm not sure how accurate the scale is but it's the best I can do and should be pretty close anyway.
  7. Dirty Dave

Dirty Dave

Sold!! Will close thread by days end. Thank you for all the inquiries.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.