1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD FS/feeler Vintage 1963 Fender Jazz Bass. "Stock"

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Bhazulle, Dec 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bhazulle

Bhazulle

I am the second owner of this Bass. Origional owner purchased new in Salt Lake City Utah in Late 1963. He claimed to have never modified it and upon his death bequeathed it to me as I had admired it for quite some time. Here's the fun bit. "Full disclosure" I am NOT a good bass player. I am purely a hobbiest at the craft. I do not deserve this guitar and my keeping it is taking something special from the "Real" bass players out there. This baby is road worn, has some knicks and dings but for the majority of it's life it had a protective cover over the back for belt buckle protection. this post is mostly feeler. Asking 15.5 obo. PM me if interested, I'll post photos from any angle you want, I'll pull the neck and shoot those as well, I'll pop the covers and whatnot. Serious inquiries only please. I want to sell this to someone who will treat it like the treasure it is. Here are some quick pictures.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Feel free to ask on particulars.

2. Hankenstein

Hankenstein Supporting Member

3. dedoonbass

dedoonbass

Great looking bass!

4. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny Supporting Member

Gotta wall-fly this one.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Bhazulle

Bhazulle

Here you go Wacko. Still apart if you need more.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. jamminology101

jamminology101

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Glockenklang
    Man that is a real piece of history!!!! Check out that low seriel number...they had just switched to the 3 knob layout vs the 2 stacked knob configuration the jazz had when it was introduced in 1960. John paul jones legendary jazz was a 1963 he bought new at a local shoo in england. I wonder how close they were made? I would have that thing in a glass case!!!!

8. Bhazulle

Bhazulle

Wel, thanks Jammin. *LOL* I won't sleep at all while it's here now. Was in it's hard case in the living room by the front door for a year and a half. Going into the gunsafe now. Sure is pretty though.

9. EduardoK

EduardoK Gold Supporting Member

You have to post a price as per TB rules...:bag:

10. sneha1965

sneha1965

Curious to know the weight. Thanks.

11. FranF

FranF Supporting Member

Price is in the first paragraph. $15.5k

12. sneha1965

sneha1965

13. Bhazulle

Bhazulle

I took it apart yesterday to get some photos of it's guts so I can't accurately weigh it. As a rough guesstimate though, 9-11 pounds? I would think it's liely close in weight to your 65 unless they changed the materials drastically between those 2 years. I'm sure there is a guru on tb who could rattle off the specs right off the top of his head. Quite heavy feeling compared to my old Yamaha and schecter. No worse then lugging a deer rifle through the woods though. If I get it back together today I'll see if I can get an accurate weight on it.

14. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Very cool. I see that it appears to have the original covers, pick-up and bridge. How about the finger rest, now often called thumb rest or tug bar? You can see the 2 holes for it just below and at a angle to the bottom string. :cool:

15. Bhazulle

Bhazulle

Yes. the rest is there. The screws were missing from it and I did not want to risk putting in larger ones and possibly risk cracking that pickguard. So it's loose in the hardshell.

16. geddy402

geddy402

Is that a 2 or 3 on the neck stamp? Either way nice looking bass!

Any pics of the pots and dates in those?

17. Bhazulle

Bhazulle

Looked close, "DEC 62 (A?)"

As for the pots, no clue. tell me where to look and point the camera and i'll try and get what you need. Honestly one has some scratch but they all work and none seem to have lost thier oomph.
    edit. some pictures.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. sneha1965

sneha1965

Okay thanks. I always ask as I have disc issues in my neck and the difference between an 11 lb bass to a 9 lb bass is huge to me.

19. Bhazulle

Bhazulle

9 pounds 6 oz

20. osuok88

osuok88

21. Dickie

Dickie Music is the best means we have of digesting time Supporting Member

I have held, played, and owned quite a few 60's Fender Jazz and Precision basses and I have never come across one that was more than 9 1/2 lbs from that era. In my experience, the early 60's ones were lighter than the late 60's models. I would be willing to bet this baby is well under 10lbs. She is quite a beauty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.