1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

To mark your thread sold, edit the title and choose the "SOLD" prefix. See the FAQ for more info

FS: Fender 62 Precision Bass metal shield for under pickguard

Discussion in 'For Sale: Accessories' started by joelb79, Dec 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joelb79

joelb79 Supporting Member

Found this underneath my dresser while packing my house into storage. It is in good condition, ready to be used. Unbent, I used it for a short spell on a HW1 Precision bass that was changed to look like a 62. I am unloading unused parts because I'm going to be homeless. Instead of having this sit in a storage unit, I will offer this part shipped to your house for:

$10 SOLD

[​IMG]
  2. StreetScenes

StreetScenes Gold Supporting Member

Dumb question...but is it all metal? Steel, Aluminum or ??? If so I'm interested.

Sean
  3. joelb79

It's all steel metal. This is designed to be underneath the pickguard, so its not a true pickguard in a sense. It's more a metal piece that makes a conductive part underneath the pickguard. This grounds your ashtray cover and and helps make a convenient spot to hold a pick between the metal part and the regular pickguard. It has its advantages, but its not a necessary part of a bass guitar nor is it an actual pickguard. These were a feature of the 62' precision after the aluminum pickguards were discontinued.

I also have somebody I'm waiting to hear back from about this though.
  4. StreetScenes

StreetScenes Gold Supporting Member

Ok cool idea. Not what I was thinking. My MusicMan Sub has a metal PG. It still may make a cool industrial PG.

Thanks for the info
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. joelb79

It would, but its cardstock thin. It'd be visible from the front but not so much for the player.
  7. joelb79

Bump. Somebody putting together a 62' RI project?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.