FS: Fender American Standard Jazz bass 2011/2012

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by RaginRog, Dec 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RaginRog

RaginRog Last guy you want to see is Employee Relations guy Supporting Member

I'm bummed about this one, but I'm selling because I have 3 Jazz basses, and also because my wife recently found out that she pregnant with twins. This is a great bass, that I assembled with genuine american standard parts that I bought from a Fender authorized dealer on EBay. The body is a 2011 American std blizzard pearl, and the neck is a 2012 American standard with a maple fretboard. The pickup cavities, and control cavity have been shielded. The pickups are 3 month old Antiquity II pickups, with controls that have series/parallel switch by pulling up on the first volume knob. The case is the old Fender molded case that had a crack, which I covered with Gorilla tape. Like I said, it's great, but I'm attached to the 99 Jazz I've had the past 4 years, and I can't sell off my Select even though I prefer the tone on this one, likely because of the Ant II. I have Ant IIs in my 99 as well.

This is the Seller I bought the body & neck from on Ebay:
    http://myworld.ebay.com/thestratosphere/&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2754

Yours for [DEL]$850[/DEL] $780 shipped fed ex. I'm on the East coast, so I ask that anyone west of the Mississippi please add $12 for shipping.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. satellite4

satellite4

Very nice...love the blizzard pearl and maple combo
  3. THORRR

THORRR Supporting Member Supporting Member

I have a Blizzard Pearl Jazz and photos can't do this color justice.

It has millions of pinpoint sparkles embedded in its clearcoat that are holographic and reflect
    a rainbow of sparkle in different light angles. It's truly spectacular up close and onstage as well.

You put together a real beauty here and I'm betting it sounds as good as it looks.

GLWTS

- THORRR

:bassist::cool:
  4. RaginRog

Thanks for the comments. Yes, it is an amazing sounding bass. The action is nice and low, immaculate condition as well.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. ShirazBop

ShirazBop Gold Supporting Member

That guard really sets it off nicely,...bump!
  7. Faraday

Faraday

Classy-lookimg bass bump.
  8. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Congrats on the bun in the oven, Rog! That bass is a beauty. I have an '08 Am. Std. Jazz in Blizzard Pearl/rosewood. I've often wished I'd have gone with the maple for aesthetic purposes; but the bass sounds so good that I'm more than happy with the rosewood. One of the best-sounding Jazzes I've ever owned.

But man, that BP/maple/pearloid combo looks awesome. And folks, you won't find a better guy to deal with. Excellent guy all around...
  9. RaginRog

Thanks for the kind words Jeff. Much appreciated. Happy Holidays.
  10. RaginRog

lower price bump.
  11. RaginRog

....and lower yet
  12. RaginRog

Lower price...skb tsa case will be included as well as schaller strap locks.
  13. RaginRog

More pictures bump...
  14. RaginRog

This is a fantastic one...for 850.00
  15. staurosjohn

staurosjohn Geddy Lee 'P' Supporting Member

would like to take an hour drive... pick it up... bring it home... play it... bump!!
  16. RaginRog

John you saw this one in action at El Rodeo a couple of weeks ago. Yours for less since there would be no shipping involved. Pm me
  17. RaginRog

18. paradog

paradog

Sexy! Oh I wish I could but my wife would have a monster and I would be in the oven! Wish you both health and happiness with the little feet!
  19. RaginRog

Thanks...and we recently found out it's twins! My days of being a rock star are coming to a close.
  20. R&B

R&B Don't want no treble. Supporting Member

Congrats on twins bump...they are two much fun! Enjoy. And GLWTS!
  21. musicianary

musicianary

I have two-year-old twin girls. Lots of work and twice the poop, but you get twice the smiles and giggles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.