FS: Fender AVRI '62 Jazz, 'burst, Fralins, VVT

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by MicG, Feb 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MicG

MicG Supporting Member

Here's a chance to own a discontinued model with all the luxuries of the current Fender AVRI model line!

Story:
    Purchased this beauty used from Elderly Music in Lansing, MI over this past summer. It's a 2011 model. I've decided to move into 5 strings and consolidate my basses. I'd keep this if I could but it is what it is.

Features:

Beautiful sunburst light weight alder body with a really nice looking wood grain and nitro finish

Vintage spec (1.50" width @ nut) nitro finished neck, vintage frets, and Rosewood board (7.25” Radius). Very comfortable!

swapped the stacked knob config for VVT - CTS pots, Orange drop cap, switch craft jack, and authentic cloth wires

Stock wind Fralin J PuPs w/ raised center poles

Gotoh GB 640 tuning machines- these are the non-reverse (standard wind) models and then really help to balance the instrument and improve the tuning.

Groovy chrome covers:cool:

Lightweight! Between 8.5 and 9lbs (8.6 according to bathroom scale)

Fit and Finish
    Elderly rated this instrument as "EC" (excellent condition). It has not been used outside of my home since purchased. In the interest of full disclosure: It does have a little wear (read: "mojo") as per the norm with nitro-finished instrument such as this. I tried to show two of the most noticeable spots; one on the side of the body and the other on the back of the neck.

Sound:
    This bass sounds gnarly with the Fralin's in now. It barks, it's smooth, it can take your head off: just everything you could want in a passive J. The raised center poles on these pups really help to balance the sound too! I really believe the VVT set-up also contributes to the sound. Personally, I found it much easier to dial in a tone I liked with the bass set up like this.

Other notes:
    I will include the original stock stacked control plate with everything wired together, just pop it back in and you're ready to roll. Also included are the original fender reverse wind tuning machines and a vintage cable. Finally, the bass will ship in a Fender TSA American Standard Hardshell case.

Price:
    [DEL]Asking $1250[/DEL] $1200 shipped CONUS only. Paypal is fine.

Please don't hesitate to ask me any questions if you need more information or pictures!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. MicG

MicG Supporting Member

3. Type-55

Type-55 Supporting Member

4. pedullamvp5

pedullamvp5 Supporting Member

PM..........sent
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. JeffplaysBass

JeffplaysBass Supporting Member

Awesome basses…but I have the same color, if it was a different color I would think about it.
  7. MicG

MicG Supporting Member

Updated info Bump: weight on this is 8.6lbs
  8. MicG

MicG Supporting Member

Bump for lower price
  9. jbares

jbares Ragin'Cajun Supporting Member

10. MicG

MicG Supporting Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.