1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FS: Fender AVRI 63 Precision 2013 - Olympic White - You Customize It!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by MicG, Mar 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MicG

MicG Supporting Member

I've got a Fender '63 AVRI Precision here that I would like to sell. Purchased this brand new this past summer of 2013; it had been hanging on a wall hanger in the store. It is in excellent shape except for a slight bit of discoloration up on the neck near the headstock (see pictures below). My guess is the nitro didn't like the wall hanger too much. It features one of the darkest/nicest grained oily rosewood boards I have ever seen. The truss works just fine as the neck takes adjustment well. The body shows very little wear- if any, even though nitro can be unforgiving. There are no major dents or scratches through the wood that I can find. Never gigged and never left my house; it was hardly used at all to be honest. I'm selling because I've decided I prefer the features (neck, etc.) of American Standard basses more and I've got some bills to take care of. Make no mistake though, this IS the granddaddy of vintage Fender P-basses :bassist: It simply roars; sounds balanced but deep and will cut if wearing rounds.

You get some choices with this! As the bass sits right now it currently has Lindy Fralin Stock wound PuPs in it, GOTOH Res-o-lite GB640 non-reverse light weight vintage tuners, and a Fender AVRI tort guard. You can choose for it to wear a set of balanced Daddario XL's 45-107 -OR- Labella 760 FL's 43 -104. The bass comes with a Fender tolex wooden hardshell case by G&G (black on black) in great condition.

For all the above (with choice of strings, pickguard, and case) I'm asking $1575 shipped CONUS through Fedex. Paypal payment would be fine.

If you would prefer me to return the bass to stock I would reinstall the Fender stock '63 PuP, white pickguard, and Fender stock vintage reverse wind tuners. You would still get a choice of strings and pickguards.
    For stock condition I'm asking $1375 shipped CONUS through Fedex. Paypal.

Please don't hesitate to ask me if you need more pics, better angles, lighting, more info, anything..This needs a good home:bawl: Also, please keep in mind that these retail for over $2000

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. MicG

MicG Supporting Member

Bump for updated info:

The bass will come with a Fender Tolex G&G case (like they normally do) but this one's black exterior with black interior. I'll be sure to include all original case candy as well.

I've also go some "GrooveTech Truss Rod Drivers" by Cruz Tools that I'll throw in with the sale. These tools are great for maintaining the integrity of the vintage style truss rod nut and making fine adjustments without the need to remove the neck. Here they are on musicians friend:
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/cruztools-groovetech-cheater-truss-rod-driver
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/cruztools-groovetech-standard-truss-rod-driver
  3. nlabat

nlabat

Pm sent
  4. Laklandfan

Laklandfan Supporting Member

Man I thought I was gonna get a jazz bass, but this has complicated things. Gorgeous.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. MicG

MicG Supporting Member

Bump! She's waitin' for her strings..
  7. fourtet102

fourtet102 Supporting Member

Another dream bass....next to blue 63AVRI..... One of those rare "I wish I were rich" type of moment over here
  8. MicG

MicG Supporting Member

You know what? I can't do it. I'm gonna go ahead and take this one off the block. I'll have to find another solution for my needs.

Sorry guys

Closing thread..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.