1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD FS: Fender AVRI Precision 1957 Reissue

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Tomis17, Dec 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tomis17

Tomis17

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

I am re-listing my '57 Reissue Precision 4-string bass for sale. I bought this brand new from a local Fender dealer and barely played it because it is so beautiful. This thing sounds phenomenal! It has the thickest and fattest bass tone I've ever heard. It is in mint mint condition! It will come with a G&G Tweed HSC and original case candy. It will also come with pickup cover and bridge cover that have never been installed. I've always been to scared to drill holes in the bass. It will be up to you to install the pickup cover and bridge cover. This bass sells for $2000 new. Trade value is $1500.

SOLD SOLD SOLD

This bass is mint with the exception of a pen tip size nick by the top horn just below the top strap button and a small black mark near the bottom strap button. I still consider this bass to be in excellent condition. 9-9.5 out of 10. The bass weighs about 9lbs.

Let me know if interested.

Here are the factory specs:
    A re-imagined version of a classic Fender bass restored to the way it was when it was introduced all those years ago.
    The American Vintage series introduces an all-new lineup of original-era model year guitars and basses that bring Fender history and heritage to authentic and exciting new life. With key features and pivotal design elements spanning the mid-1950s to the mid-1960s, new American Vintage series instruments delve deep into Fender's roots--expertly preserving an innovative U.S. guitar-making legacy and vividly demonstrating like never before that Fender not only knows where it's going, but also remembers where it came from.

The American Vintage Series has long presented some of Fender's best-selling guitars and basses (their early-'80s introduction, in fact, was one of the first signs that Fender was "back" as the CBS era ended). Today, Fender has boldly cleared the slate to make way for a fresh American Vintage series with new features, new specs and the most meticulous level of vintage accuracy yet. Rather than just replacing the previous models with different ones, Fender has completely and comprehensively re-imagined the entire vintage-reissue concept--restoring original tooling dies, voicing new pickups, reformulating vintage colors and more--based on actual vintage guitars and basses they tracked down to make sure they had it right. Fender did the work, and it shows, because there's pure magic in each new American Vintage instrument.

The American Vintage '58 Precision Bass commemorates the first year in which the bass that started it all appeared in a 3-Color Sunburst finish. That classic combination is now a longtime Fender tradition, and the '58 American Vintage Precision Bass brings you other authentic features including a lightweight alder body (ash on White Blonde model), thick "C"- shaped maple neck with 20 vintage-style frets and black dot inlays, gold anodized aluminum pickguard with lacquer finish, and new American Vintage '58 split single-coil pickup. Also includes lower-mounted finger rest, vintage-style bridge with threaded steel "barrel" saddles, flat-top knurled chrome control knobs, reverse tuners, mounted chrome pickup and bridge covers, and more. Available in 3-Color Sunburst, White Blonde and Black. Includes case.

Fingerboard radius: 7.25" (18.41 cm)
    Scale Length: 34" (86.36 cm)
    Nut Width: 1.735" (44.1 mm)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

For trades, I am interested in Fender AVRI '62 Jazz plus cash or a '07-'10 Fender American Deluxe Jazz bass plus cash.

2. hsech

hsech Smile. Life is short. Gold Supporting Member

Beautiful bass. I wish Santa had brought me some cash for Christmas.

3. Tomis17

Tomis17

Thanks man! It has one of the fattest tones you will ever hear. I played it yesterday and still amazed at how beautiful it sounded with my SVT-Classic. :bassist:

4. Tomis17

Tomis17

I am going to keep this here over the weekend. If it doesn't sell, I may just keep it.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. svp

svp

I have got one in the 2-tone burst, and yea you got the part about keepin it right:D

7. R&B

R&B Both kinds of music: y'know, rhythm AND blues! Supporting Member

Can't resist piling on. If you're thinking of keeping and don't absolutely need the cash, I daresay keep. They aren't making any more '57 reissues. The used bass market (at least on TB) has been undervaluing gear by quite a bit lately. That sexy white blonde finish is just the ticket too. These are great, great basses. Mine is staying put.

8. leegreenman

leegreenman

9. Tomis17

Tomis17

The more think about it, the more I lean towards keeping it. It might be the biggest regret if I sell. Going to let this ad run through the weekend and see what happens.

10. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man Supporting Member

:cool:

Cool Bass.
    Just to be clear. Is this a 1957 what your add says.
    Pre-2013.
    Or is this a new 2013 1958 Reissue ?

11. Tomis17

Tomis17

This is a pre-2013 '57 Reissue

12. Tomis17

Tomis17

Saturday night special: $1199 shipped.

If you are asking how much lower I can go, then I say this is as low as I go. Any lower than this I may as well keep it.

13. Tomis17

Tomis17

Extending sale through the end of the year. :)

14. Tomis17

Tomis17

New Year's Eve bump

15. bassdude51

bassdude51 Supporting Member

This question will get ya a bump.

Is this the newer '58 American Vintage P Basss or the older '57 AVRI?

GLWTS

16. Tomis17

Tomis17

This is a pre-2013 which makes it a '57 AVRI.

17. Tomis17

Tomis17

Now availabe for trade. Might as well trade for something more suitable for my needs such as a AVRI '62 Jazz or '07-'10 Deluxe Jazz. I would need cash from your end.

18. Tomis17

Tomis17

Still looking for the right trade.

19. Tomis17

Tomis17

20. Tomis17

Tomis17

Boys and girls, it is a sad day for as this bad boy is [/COLOR] SOLD. I am going to regret it as I basically gave it away. It is sadder for those of you who have eyeballing this thing and didn't pull the trigger.

SOLD SOLD SOLD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.