1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

FS: Fender AVRI Precision 1958 Reissue MINT!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Tomis17, Dec 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tomis17

Tomis17 Supporting Member

Rating - 97.4%
    39   1   0

I have a '57 Reissue Precision 4-string bass for sale. I bought this brand new from a local Fender dealer and barely played it because it is so beautiful. This thing sounds phenomenal! It has the thickest and fattest bass tone I've ever heard. It is in mint mint condition! It will come with a G&G Tweed HSC and original case candy. It will also come with pickup cover and bridge cover that have never been installed. I've always been to scared to drill holes in the bass. It will be up to you to install the pickup cover and bridge cover. This bass sells for $2000 new. I am asking [DEL]$1499[/DEL] [DEL]$1399[/DEL] $1299 shipped. I will not take Paypal but we can discuss other payment options.

Edit: After a careful inspection, there is a pen tip size nick by the top horn just below the top strap button. There is also a small black mark near the bottom strap button. I still consider this bass to be in excellent condition. 9.5 out of 10.

The bass weighs in at 9.24lbs on the handy shipping scale.

NO TRADES!!!

Let me know if interested.

Here are the factory specs:
    A re-imagined version of a classic Fender bass restored to the way it was when it was introduced all those years ago.
    The American Vintage series introduces an all-new lineup of original-era model year guitars and basses that bring Fender history and heritage to authentic and exciting new life. With key features and pivotal design elements spanning the mid-1950s to the mid-1960s, new American Vintage series instruments delve deep into Fender's roots--expertly preserving an innovative U.S. guitar-making legacy and vividly demonstrating like never before that Fender not only knows where it's going, but also remembers where it came from.

The American Vintage Series has long presented some of Fender's best-selling guitars and basses (their early-'80s introduction, in fact, was one of the first signs that Fender was "back" as the CBS era ended). Today, Fender has boldly cleared the slate to make way for a fresh American Vintage series with new features, new specs and the most meticulous level of vintage accuracy yet. Rather than just replacing the previous models with different ones, Fender has completely and comprehensively re-imagined the entire vintage-reissue concept--restoring original tooling dies, voicing new pickups, reformulating vintage colors and more--based on actual vintage guitars and basses they tracked down to make sure they had it right. Fender did the work, and it shows, because there's pure magic in each new American Vintage instrument.

The American Vintage '58 Precision Bass commemorates the first year in which the bass that started it all appeared in a 3-Color Sunburst finish. That classic combination is now a longtime Fender tradition, and the '58 American Vintage Precision Bass brings you other authentic features including a lightweight alder body (ash on White Blonde model), thick "C"- shaped maple neck with 20 vintage-style frets and black dot inlays, gold anodized aluminum pickguard with lacquer finish, and new American Vintage '58 split single-coil pickup. Also includes lower-mounted finger rest, vintage-style bridge with threaded steel "barrel" saddles, flat-top knurled chrome control knobs, reverse tuners, mounted chrome pickup and bridge covers, and more. Available in 3-Color Sunburst, White Blonde and Black. Includes case.

Fingerboard radius: 7.25" (18.41 cm)
    Scale Length: 34" (86.36 cm)
    Nut Width: 1.735" (44.1 mm)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Tomis17

Rating - 97.4%
    39   1   0

Not sure why nobody is jumping on this. Compared to the other AVRI P's out there, the price is very reasonable. I would be open to offers though.
  3. fourtet102

fourtet102 Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0

If it wasn't for upcoming (in next 3 weeks) bday of my son and 4 other family members ....oh....and Christmas.....this one would be already mine..... sigh......

Grat price! Good luck!
  4. A-Step-Towards

A-Step-Towards Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    241   0   0

Beauty of a bass , having listed stuff in previous decembers for 3-4 years I can tell you this month is slow for sellers, really slow.
  5. Tomis17

Rating - 97.4%
    39   1   0

Just curious, what month is not so slow??? :help:
  6. 62Jazzbass

62Jazzbass

0   0   0

That thing is beautiful, and the price very reasonable. Unfortunately I am not in the market, but someone should pounce on it.
  7. D.M.N.

D.M.N. Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Hey, just something to check into, but I believe that is actually an older AVRI 57 reissue, not the 58. The newer series comes with the covers installed, and has a less tinted neck.
  8. Sleepwalker42

Sleepwalker42 Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0

Tax refund month :)
  9. Chef

Chef Moderator Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    220   0   0

Disclosures:
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    what's the bass weigh? thx
  10. porkdog324

porkdog324 User who is Registered Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I think you are right, I have the latest 1958 AVRI in the same colour,

Mine doesn't have the extra button on the back of the headstock and my case interior is a pinkish/red, not orange.

11. Tomis17

Rating - 97.4%
    39   1   0

I checked with the dealer and it is a '57 RI.

It is a '57 RI

The bass weighs in at 9.24lbs on the handy shipping scale.
  12. Tomis17

Rating - 97.4%
    39   1   0

Price drop to $1399 shipped.
  13. Tomis17

Rating - 97.4%
    39   1   0

Property tax bill showed up in the mail today. I am taking offers.
  14. Tomis17

Rating - 97.4%
    39   1   0

Last price drop before I send it off to fee bay. $1299 shipped and that is a Talkbass special!!!
  15. Tomis17

Rating - 97.4%
    39   1   0

Off to fee bay
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.