1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

FS: Fender Classic '70s Jazz Neck, MIM *LOADED*

Discussion in 'For Sale: Accessories' started by Awesome Sauce, Jan 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Awesome Sauce

Awesome Sauce Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2011
    NW Chicago 'burbs
    Hello! Today for your viewing (and purchasing, and then playing) pleasure, I happily present this fine Bound 'n Blocked Rosewood-boarded Fender Jazz neck. Features include a headstock-located bullet truss nut, '70s "C" neck profile, 7.25" fingerboard radius, '70s Fender logo, gloss finish, and German-made Fender-stamped '70s style tuners. The neck is excellent condition w/ minimal fret/player wear, the rod turns easily/neck is straight, and I can achieve action of ~1.5mm G to ~2.3mm E. The only imperfect is a swirling scratch pattern of the face of the headstock at the very end, but this is actually under the top few layers of finish, so it is a factory flaw, not a 'battle scar.'

I'm asking $325 shipped ConUS but am always open to offers. NO TRADES on this, however. PayPal only please.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

*PLEASE REMEMBER: Sale is for LOADED NECK ONLY! Thank you.*

Rob
    :bassist:

2. bassman_al

bassman_al Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Fairfax, VA USA
    why in heaven's name would anyone ever sell this? Is the bullet truss really that much of a pain?

I have a "70's" MIM body and have always wanted to unite it with its natural neck.

How is the set-up on this neck? action? Any problems getting it to set up to Fender specs? shim required? And, of course, free bump!

I'll send along a PM too...

3. Awesome Sauce

Dec 21, 2011
    NW Chicago 'burbs
    LOL, I knew this ? would come up, but I didn't expect it so soon. :p

No, there are Zer0 issues w/ setup with this neck that I have experienced. And I actually much prefer the bullet to the heel and standard headstock nuts, both aesthetically and for ease of adjustment.

As for the reason: I'm selling to change things up. I get bored and like to mod, and we have 'a something in, something out' rule around here. So if a want a new neck, this one has to go; and I've got my eye on a custom build. :D

Thanks!

Rob
    :bassist:

4. bassman_al

bassman_al Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Fairfax, VA USA
    custom builds are nice, but I'm guessing you might miss this one! I have a 7.25" radius neck on my '62 RI, , and I have thought of changing it up, but I keep coming to my senses.
    :)

I will watch your thread, and if I sell a couple of my basses before your sale is done, then maybe it will work out for me...

Or maybe I will buy the other MIM I'm looking at and just do the vinyl inlay thing...

at any rate, GLWTS!

5. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Disclosures:
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove
    PM with offer to you.....

6. 9mmMike

9mmMike Would you happen to have a cookie for me? Supporting Member

7. Awesome Sauce