1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FS: Fender Classic '70s Jazz Neck, MIM *LOADED*

Discussion in 'For Sale: Accessories' started by Awesome Sauce, Jan 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Awesome Sauce

Awesome Sauce

Hello! Today for your viewing (and purchasing, and then playing) pleasure, I happily present this fine Bound 'n Blocked Rosewood-boarded Fender Jazz neck. Features include a headstock-located bullet truss nut, '70s "C" neck profile, 7.25" fingerboard radius, '70s Fender logo, gloss finish, and German-made Fender-stamped '70s style tuners. The neck is excellent condition w/ minimal fret/player wear, the rod turns easily/neck is straight, and I can achieve action of ~1.5mm G to ~2.3mm E. The only imperfect is a swirling scratch pattern of the face of the headstock at the very end, but this is actually under the top few layers of finish, so it is a factory flaw, not a 'battle scar.'

I'm asking $325 shipped ConUS but am always open to offers. NO TRADES on this, however. PayPal only please.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

*PLEASE REMEMBER: Sale is for LOADED NECK ONLY! Thank you.*

Rob
    :bassist:
  2. bassman_al

bassman_al Supporting Member

why in heaven's name would anyone ever sell this? Is the bullet truss really that much of a pain?

I have a "70's" MIM body and have always wanted to unite it with its natural neck.

How is the set-up on this neck? action? Any problems getting it to set up to Fender specs? shim required? And, of course, free bump!

I'll send along a PM too...
  3. Awesome Sauce

Awesome Sauce

LOL, I knew this ? would come up, but I didn't expect it so soon. :p

No, there are Zer0 issues w/ setup with this neck that I have experienced. And I actually much prefer the bullet to the heel and standard headstock nuts, both aesthetically and for ease of adjustment.

As for the reason: I'm selling to change things up. I get bored and like to mod, and we have 'a something in, something out' rule around here. So if a want a new neck, this one has to go; and I've got my eye on a custom build. :D

Thanks!

Rob
    :bassist:
  4. bassman_al

bassman_al Supporting Member

custom builds are nice, but I'm guessing you might miss this one! I have a 7.25" radius neck on my '62 RI, , and I have thought of changing it up, but I keep coming to my senses.
    :)

I will watch your thread, and if I sell a couple of my basses before your sale is done, then maybe it will work out for me...

Or maybe I will buy the other MIM I'm looking at and just do the vinyl inlay thing...

at any rate, GLWTS!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove
    PM with offer to you.....
  7. 9mmMike

9mmMike Would you happen to have a cookie for me? Supporting Member

8. Awesome Sauce

Awesome Sauce

Sold and thanks!