1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

FS: Fender Jaco Fretted Signature Bass - MIA

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by danroche, Dec 2, 2013.

1. danroche

danroche Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0

For sale is a Jaco Jaco Signature Jazz - Fretted version. In a production sense, this is a 1962 American Vintage Reissue Jazz Bass, but with absolutely nothing drilled in. It does however INCLUDE the tortoise-shell pickguard, ashtray covers, thumb rest, screws, etc., so with 20 minutes you can make this into a top-tier AVRI 62.

Only difference is the Precision knobs, as opposed to the black Jazz knobs. Oh, and the Jaco signature on the neck plate.

All the case candy is there, in unopened condition. The pickup covers still have the tissue paper on them.

In a subjective player sense, this thing feels as good and as resonant as any vintage or Custom Shop Jazz I've ever picked up. I've played other AVRIs - they don't feel quite this good.

I purchased it from the original owner in 2007. It's had flatwounds on it from the day it arrived to the middle of last week, when the TI Jazz Flats finally matured and graduated to the Precision. Needless to say it's in EXTREMELY clean shape, save for some scuffs by the neck heel from truss rod adjustments (pictured) without removing the neck. Yeah, I'm lazy.

Weighs right around 9 pounds on the digital bathroom scale.

I'm looking for $1000 shipped.

Attached Files:

2. danroche

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0

More pics....

Attached Files:

3. danroche

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0

4. Soundesigner

Soundesigner

0   0   0

2012 American Vintage 1962 Precision 3 color sunburst with the current ATA case that ships with American Fenders. Much better than the brown case. One ding on the front otherwise perfect. Feels excellent just don't play four any longer, but might Jaco it a little. LMK!
  5. danroche

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0

Hey, thanks for the offer! Sounds like a great bass but I'm afraid I already have my P bases (sic) covered. Appreciate it!
  6. danroche

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0

7. MadDogIan

MadDogIan Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

8. Nathan Levine

Nathan Levine Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

"Why in the world would there even be such a thing" bump.
  9. danroche

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0

Still available. Also, talked with the people at Fender, and confirmed that this was a USA build completed in December 1999. Thanks!
  10. danroche

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0

950 shipped. I'm mulling this one over carefully.
  11. danzub

danzub

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0

12. danzub

danzub

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0

Paid, thanks!