1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FS - Fender Jazz Bass 64 AVRI 2013

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by theretheyare, Mar 2, 2014.

1. theretheyare

theretheyare Supporting Member

What we got here is a American Vintage reissue 2013 model 64 jazz bass. The link for pictures:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/jochemvandijk/sets/72157641766367085/

The model is here http://www.fender.com/series/americ...inated-rosewood-fingerboard-lake-placid-blue/ and has been discussed extensively in this forum. Thin and fast neck. Weight (without the covers) around 8.7 lbs or so. Sounds really good with the thin nitro coat. I would have liked to hang on to it, but I have no use for it now and got something else in, so it has to go.

I got this bass in a trade and it got a bit banged up in transit, while Fender's workmanship on it left something to be desired too. It has a thin nitro coat that will get dinged up if you look at it, so to speak... I tried to show all the current nicks and dings in the pics, you can trust this bass to become naturally relic'ed rather quickly.

NY luthier Mas Hino did a full setup with all-around screw tightening, and a fret leveling to correct a very slight ski-jump in the neck (quite common with Fenders, as you all know). The best thing is how it sounds: full and fat and very much alive - in Mas' words: "You got lucky; this is a good one" and I agree. In my view this is a bass for flatwounds (due to the radius amongst others) and it is wearing a fairly new set of Labella flats right now.

All in a great playing and sounding bass, and probably a better playing instrument than you'd get brand new. Comes with original case and all the candy. Asking $1300 shipped CONUS per Paypal. Not looking for trades at this point.
  2. Type-55

Type-55 Supporting Member

3. nlabat

nlabat

Pm me im imteresting on it paypal is good?
  4. theretheyare

A question about weight: the digital bathroom scale gets me 9.2 lbs with ashtrays and all. Without ashtrays I remember it being 8.7 or thereabouts.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. theretheyare

...And SOLD as I am heading out the door. Thanks everybody for their interest!!
  7. JeffplaysBass

JeffplaysBass Supporting Member

I would have jumped on it!!!!….grrrr
  8. JeffplaysBass

Bass sells in 13 minutes, must be a record!!
  9. thebrian

thebrian The Brian abides. Supporting Member

Someone got a great deal!!
  10. JeffplaysBass

I almost pulled the trigger for one just like it for $1800 last week…this is the steal of the year so far!! :bassist:
  11. JeffplaysBass

Even after this thread closes…I am going to make a point (religiously) to come back to this thread once a week to see what I missed out on. Also all my future purchases will be based on this deal. If it doesn't come close to this I won't buy. Going to be a bargain hunter now!!!…..Awesome Deal!!:bassist::bassist::bassist:
  12. bassdude51

bassdude51 Supporting Member

Music123 and Musician's Friend somewhat frequently have very mild "scratch and dent" returns of the Fender AVRI '58, '63 and the Jazz Bass for as low as $1,279 shipped.

Right now, both have a Fender blond P '58 for that price. They sent me photos and the so called damage was like nothing! It's killing me and I wanna buy but I have no business getting my 22nd bass! (I hate myself!)

Good deals on TalkBass every now and then too.

Patience is the key to a great deal!
  13. JeffplaysBass

Just looked it has 2 used for $1749…..never seen them lower than that for a 64 Vintage.