FS: Fender Jazz Bass Classic 60's MIM Neck 2011

Discussion in 'For Sale: Accessories' started by joelb79, Dec 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joelb79

joelb79 Supporting Member

Up for grabs is my Fender MIM Classic 60's Jazz Bass neck. This is used, but in great shape. It was purchased in February of 2012 from The Stratosphere on Evilbay for $400. It has a 7.25" Radius and vintage frets. Vintage reverse style tuners included. Truss rod has lots of life to it; I have used a variety of strings with it and had no problem adjusting it back and forward and have never hit the bottom of either side. Serial number indicates it was a 2011 neck, and the stamp at the heel indicates it was made on 20 APR, 2011, or perhaps it was 20 AUG 2011.

Very lightweight feeling neck. Bass built with a 5.3lb unloaded body weighed in at 8lbs.

I have attempted to take a picture of the one ding on the headstock. Its very small, does not penetrate the finish. its more of a wood dent than anything.

$220 SOLD

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. joelb79

Bump: Heel measures a hair under 2.5" at the very heel.
  3. joelb79

Bump for a homeless father packing up his house into a storage unit.
  4. joeyl

joeyl Supporting Member

what happened man, sorry to hear that...
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. joelb79

Long story.. short version: Landlord (whom we had a purchase agreement with rent to own) didn't pay mortgage in 2008 thinking he would get a gov't assisted re-fi but instead he got a big lawyer bill and bailed. The bank who owned the note went under (Washington Mutual) and then Chase Manhatten bought the "asset" paper. Then Chase walked away from the house too stating the cost to foreclose vs the value of the house was not enough. The tax authority took over the property in 2011 and was working with us to let us buy the home but they are greedy and essentially when they heard our cash offer was so low (based on what repairs needed done and what we could get financing for) they said move out. They don't sell houses for cheap to families with 2 kids and a wife on disability. They want of course to make $30,000 or more on this house... like the other homes they offer for sale that they take money from the Federal Government Neighborhood Stabilization Program and Brownfield Programs to fix up and then sell for a loss vs the cost put into the home Essentially.. they take the money to fix these houses up above the cost of sale from the US Taxpayers and that is bigger business than selling the home to my family.

So I'm moving in with my mom and putting my stuff into storage; and selling a bass and everything else project related to either help pay for the moving costs or whatever else comes up. If I have cash left over the wife might let me get a 5-string because it would increase the amount of gigs I can take on.
  7. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

You should contact the local news they love stories like that and I'm sure the community would get involved if there is anything I can do let me know.
  8. joeyl

joeyl Supporting Member

that sucks to see families get tossed around by the paper pushers who basically enrich themselves on government programs. Hope you get it sorted out soon, buddy.
  9. joelb79

Bump with a price drop. I see another one of these necks selling for $150 :crying: Make me a deal perhaps?
  10. eddiemac

eddiemac

11. joelb79

Bump with a Christmas price reduction.
  12. joelb79

I awoke to find out my wife maxed out the credit card on car repairs without me. So thanks to my gig schedule which has me loosing sleep to be up at the day (get home late fall asleep late sleep late), my wife thought that I would enjoy the sleep rather than haggling with the car tire place about tires. See, she slid into a curb today on the first snow freeze. I have not been able to keep up on getting two new front tires, but the tire place saw the plastic and thought she would need FOUR new tires.. RIGHT... NOW.. Now I'm broke and I really need to sell this neck. I mean really need to sell this neck. Im unemployed, I just found out last night that I'm loosing my regular gigs coming up next year. I has lost $300 worth of work this week to death and other acts of God. I dunno how I'm gonna do this.

I'll probably be listing my last bass guitar for sale soon to come up with bill money because this neck will not sell. When I listed this neck, somebody else listed one $100 cheaper. I mean.. I cannot come up with a longer list of bad stuff to happen to one person.

So Im unemployed, practically gigless (What is $100 a week income anyways, but crap) and my cards are maxed out on moving expenses and emergency car work that happened.. I'm screwed

New price drop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.