1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

FS Fender MIM Parts, Shielding Supplies, High End Tone Caps

Discussion in 'For Sale: Accessories' started by scottiwkt, Dec 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scottiwkt

scottiwkt Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

SOLD - Fender MIM Precision Bass W/B/W Pickguard - $12

Fender MIM Precision Bass Bridge - $15

SOLD - Fender MIM Precision Bass Pickup - $30

SOLD - Fender MIM Precision Bass Wiring Harness w/ Pots, Jack, .047 Ceramic Tone Cap - $10

SOLD - Fender "F" Style Neck Plate - $7

Fender Brand Adhesive Backed Pickup Mounting Foam - $5

Fender MIM Precision Bass Chrome Barrel Knobs - $3ea, $5 for the pair

SOLD - Adhesive Backed Copper Shielding Tape 12" x 12" Square - $5

Hovland PIO Tone Cap .01uF/400V - $10

Angela/Jensen Aluminum Foil PIO Cap .047uF/400V - $10

PayPal Only. $3 flat rate shipping (CONUS) PER ORDER, so it will be $3 for one item or buy multiple items for the same $3 flat shipping fee. Will consider shipping to other North American locations (Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Canada, or Mexico) at the actual shipping cost. PM me to discuss.

Prices are firm for the tone caps, shielding tape, mounting foam, and neck plate, all of which are NEW and unused.

All other items are used and in excellent shape, all pulled from a 2011 Fender MIM Standard P Bass "60th Anniversary" model (60th Anniversary of the P Bass, not the 2006 60th Anniversary of Fender).

I believe the prices on the used items are fair for what they are, but if you think I'm a little off base please PM me with an offer and we can talk.

If you are interested in any pictures, please PM me and I can get a pic of any of these items to you.

Thanks for looking!
  2. cyco739z

cyco739z Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Disclosures:
    Boston Ma.
    Pm sent for shielding tape
  3. Ed P

Ed P Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0

pm'd for pickup
  4. mfowlkes

mfowlkes

Rating - 100%
    63   0   0

5. cyco739z

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Disclosures:
    Boston Ma.
    Great guy to deal with. Fast shipping too.
  6. scottiwkt

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

BUMP

Thanks cyco! Hope that shielding tape worked out for you!
  7. reddog

reddog

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

neck plate include screws?
  8. scottiwkt

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Yes, screws included and it's never been taken out of the Fender packaging.
  9. g4string

g4string Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    98   0   1

I'll take the neck plate. PM me with your PP deets.
  10. kohntarkosz

kohntarkosz

0   0   0

High end tone caps, lol.

Even Gibson disagree, and they've been selling the snake oil as well as the rest of them.

Orange Drops: Busting Tone Control Capacitor Myths!

Anyway, good luck finding some chump willing to fork out $20 for a couple of obsolete caps. I would offer £0.10 for each of them, but I guess I have to be a supporting member?
  11. cyco739z

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Disclosures:
    Boston Ma.
    Did you even read the article to the link that you posted? It disproves these common conceptions listed making a great case for why Gibson uses them.
    At a glance the article looks as if Gibson is stating the headlined statements but read further, those are the "myths that they bust" Orange drops are superior.
    Also how many high end parts do we put on our instruments that have little effect but we choose to for various reasons. One superior ingredient in a recipe makes no difference. All superior ingredients make for a quality product.
    Gibson is a terrible example if we are talking basses.
    Ps. You don't need to be a supporting member to make an offer.
    Scottie is a great seller to deal with..... bump!
  12. scottiwkt

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Wow...never thought that one of my classified ads would fall victim to trolling, but I guess there's a 1st time for everything...lol.

I'm not going to get into a big debate about tone caps, other than to say that the article posted does more to support the fact that tone caps sound different, especially due to the resonant coupling with the pickup when rolled off.

I'm not "selling snake oil" or advertising these as "magic" tone caps that will part the skies and cause the angels to sing when they are fired up. Maybe they are what someone is looking for in tone, maybe not, but that's why many players like to experiment.

These are simply parts that I had lying around from various projects. These were never used and I hope someone can get some value from them as opposed to sitting in my drawer.

The Angela Instruments tone cap goes for $15 plus shipping on their site, so I simply knocked the price down from retail in order to give someone who has been looking for one a decent deal.

Same with the Hovland. They are no longer produced, so someone out there may have a burning desire for this discontinued item. I've seen this same cap go for $22. Again, parts in use are better than parts collecting dust in my drawer, so I priced it around the same. I'm not looking to make a ton of cash, just to offer up some stuff I'm not using that someone else may enjoy.

The last thing I would like to address is the use of the term "high end tone cap". I used the term to differentiate these caps from a standard Radio Shack, blister pack cap that may sell for a quarter. I'm not saying those are bad either. Many players use low end, cheap caps and are satisfied with them. These PIO caps are obviously higher grade (at least holding a tighter tolerance) than the average off the shelf cap. I think most in the industry would consider a PIO cap with tight tolerances to be a "high end tone cap" as compared to others.

Google "Angela Instruments tone cap" or "Hovland tone cap" and you will find these selling for more than I'm asking. I'm just putting up some stuff that I'm not using in hopes that someone else might be looking for that exact item. The buyer gets what he/she has been looking for and I get a modest few bucks for the trouble. Isn't that how this is supposed to work??

Thanks for your support cyco. I know my odds and ends were enough to make you a satisfied buyer...satisfied enough to post a defense on my behalf. Nuff said!
  13. C5000

C5000

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

PM'd on bridge
  14. scottiwkt

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

PM received and replied.

Bridge is SOLD!
  15. scottiwkt

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Mod - I've been updating as items have sold, but am unable to edit the OP anymore. I created a new, identical listing and closed this thread. Please delete this listing, since I can't edit and it's getting kind of messy!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.