SOLD FS: Fender Squier VM P-Bass w/ Upgrades (NJ/NY)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by James C, Nov 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James C

James C

Hi All,

Up for grabs is my Fender Squier Vintage Modified P-Bass in Olympic White. I went to 4 stores and tried about 9 of these (yeah they hated me) before finding this one. And then i proceeded to gut it and replace all the electronics.

Added a tort pickguard from Warmoth and wired it all up with CTS pots, switchcraft jack, and Lindy Fralin P-Bass pickup. Premium grade wire and solder used. Barrel knobs from Allparts.

Had the frets leveled and crowned, rolled the fretboard, and dressed the fret ends. Installed new nut and strung her up with TI Jazz Flats. Oh and this thing is super light. I would say right around 8lbs if not lighter. I also rubbed out the logo on the headstock. Don't care about the name but i just thought i looked really ugly. Yes, i'm a little shallow.

The bass is in great condition with no real dents or scratches i could find. This thing plays and sounds GREAT! Really could not be happier with it but after all that work, i realized that i'm really not a p-bass guy. Oh well. You live and you learn, right?

Would like to do a local sale if possible (NJ/NY) but if you'd like, i can ship on your dime. The bass alone is $280, Fralin pickup $140, pickguard and electronics i think around $60 total and then the TI Jazz Flats $65. And then all the work done to it. For a TB sale i'll sell for $350.

Thanks for looking! Let me know if you have any questions!

Attached Files:

2. James C

James C

3. James C

James C

4. iceboxbass

iceboxbass Living the Dream! Gold Supporting Member

MIA, MIM, MIJ? "Highly" interested! Thx! :D

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Personatech

Personatech

Squier would most probably be Chinese or Indonesian. Great basses!

7. James C

James C

I believe this one was made in Indonesia. Thanks for chiming in personatech!

They are indeed great basses. The Vintage Modified line can easily hold its own against MIM. Although i will say that they're a bit more of a hit or miss in terms of fit and finish. Which is why i looked at so many before choosing this one.

8. James C

James C

9. James C

James C

10. paradog

paradog

pretty wish I had the dime, GLWS!

11. James C

James C

thanks, paradog!

12. James C

James C