1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

*** FS: FENDER STEVE HARRIS PRECISION BASS – RARE 1 5/8” NUT ***

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ynot12, Sep 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ynot12

ynot12 Supporting Member

SOLD! This is a special P Bass – one that I would love to keep, but I just can’t right now. What makes it so special? Well, if you are like I was, always wanting to own a Steve Harris P Bass, but avoided it because of the standard 1.75” nut, this is your very rare opportunity.

This 1 5/8 nut neck is truly an anomaly and through my research I have found no explanation. I only found one other person in the entire Internet who has one like it. It’s totally legit with all of the fender markings and other specs and it plays like a dream. Fender apparently made a small batch of them. I'm glad they did! :bassist:

Not only does is sound killer, it also looks amazing. I have been calling it my “Muscle Car” because it has the classic style and the finish is something you’d find on the late 60’s early 70’s muscle cars I loved…. With lots of chrome to compliment the stunning blue finish. It’s just flat out cool!

Under the hood, this bad boy is just as powerful. Stock Steve Harris pickups, Badass Bridge and everything works perfectly. Sounds like a P Bass on steroids when you want it to, or tame it back and it sounds like your everyday P Bass…. Awesome!

Here’s a fantastic video review by Ed Freidland:

Overall it’s in pretty close to mint condition, too! Just a light mark on the headstock is all I could find (you can see it in the second to last picture). Frets are pretty much perfect. I added brand new Fender/Schaller strap locks and will ship with the originals, so you can make it stock again if you want to.

I planned on keeping this bass as it is so rare, but need to raise cash, unfortunately.

Smoke free home. Fender gig bag in great shape included.

$900 shipped anywhere in CONUS. Paypal only please.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. roadrunner

roadrunner Supporting Member

3. Toolmybass

Toolmybass Supporting Member

Are you the original owner of this bass?
  4. ynot12

ynot12 Supporting Member

I'm not the original owner. It's built like a tank. Just weighed it on the bathroom scale at 9.5 pounds. Balances perfectly and sitting and standing.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. kanonfodr

kanonfodr Supporting Member

GAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!! If I wouldn't have gone on vacation last week...I could buy this!!! :( :(

Peace,
    Greg
  7. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist Gold Supporting Member

maybe you should sell prints of the dog's reflection in the pg too, awesome pic and cool bass man
  8. jbravo

jbravo Precision bass...what else?? Supporting Member

Sweet bass! Is that a Labradoodle pickguard ??:D
  9. ynot12

ynot12 Supporting Member

Yep, a Labradoodle pickguard. LOL. She makes it into most of my classified pics. :D
  10. StevieMac

StevieMac

11. ynot12

ynot12 Supporting Member

And on hold pending payment.
  12. ynot12

ynot12 Supporting Member

And SOLD!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.