1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

To mark your thread sold, edit the title and choose the "SOLD" prefix. See the FAQ for more info

FS: Fender USA/Warmoth P bass 5 string

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by BC82, Jan 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BC82

BC82 Supporting Member

Up for grabs is my Fender USA/Warmoth P bass. It has a Fender USA body with a nice Warmoth neck. According to the guy I got it from, it was painted by Warmoth. The fretboard is tinted, finished, and has 22 frets. It has a fairly new set of nickels I put on it as well.

This bass got me back in to playing 5ers again. The only reason I am selling it is because me and the wife have a deal that when I buy one I sell one.

The only significant damage I see is around the neck joint. There is some minor paint chipping where the neck has been put on. Also on the bottom of the bass there are a few black marks/specs (shown in pics).

As far as electronics: It has an Ntune volume knob. When pulled it activates a tuner that lights up around it (shown in pics). Not sure about the blend knob, it has multiple positions, works and sounds great. It also doesn't appear to be the original bridge. Assuming its the original pick up. Weighed in at 9.8 on the bathroom scale.

Overall he bass is magnificent. Check out all the pics and shoot me any questions. Bass includes a cheap gig bag.

Priced at [DEL]$500[/DEL] $450 shipped CONUS. Probably won't consider any offers as of yet. Wouldn't mind keeping it. If this doesn't sell I'll get rid of something else. All this to say, Please no low ball offers. NO TRADES

Considering what this bass is, how great it plays and sounds, this is a steal.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. ivlucas

ivlucas Supporting Member

This shouldn't last long……NICE
  3. Ploonter

Ploonter Supporting Member

String spacing/nut width please.
  4. BC82

BC82 Supporting Member

Nut width - 1.75 in.
    Spacing at bridge - .6875 in., 17.46 mm

The spacing is going off a rough calculation that I just looked up. By measuring center of the low string to the center of high string and dividing by the spaces. I never knew how to do it.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Ploonter

Ploonter Supporting Member

Damn. I was hoping it was wider.
    I didn't know that's how spacing was measured either.
  7. BC82

BC82 Supporting Member

Well I pulled out the ole tape measure, measured from the center of the G string :))) to the center of the B string, then divided by 4.

That is what I found online to get string spacing.
  8. BC82

BC82 Supporting Member

Awesome P BASS anyone ??
  9. HotelX

HotelX

That looks nice. Know the weight by chance? I'm in the market for a lightweight 5.
  10. basskababble

basskababble Supporting Member

crap. I'd be all over this if I could. Great deal on a very unique and interesting looking bass. Anyone who buys it will have a stalker and trade offers coming. I.E. a sunburst EBMM stingray 4, or a warmoth walnut/ebony 4 with barts... just sayin.
  11. BC82

BC82 Supporting Member

Its 9.8 on the bathroom scales. It's not super light but it doesn't kill my shoulder
  12. coronado3

coronado3 Supporting Member

Blend knob? Did you mean tone?
  13. BC82

BC82 Supporting Member

It is a tone knob. I called it a blend knob because that is how the original owner described it. It is aftermarket and has 16 clickable positions.
  14. coronado3

coronado3 Supporting Member

Ah, gotcha
  15. BC82

BC82 Supporting Member

Only price drop bump

$450 shipped CONUS
  16. Smashsquatch

Smashsquatch Supporting Member

I'd pick this up if I hadn't just bought the bass I got from MDbass. Looks like a fantastic and fun player!
  17. BC82

BC82 Supporting Member

It's a great player. I was against 5ers until I played this one. Now I'm hooked.
  18. BC82

BC82 Supporting Member

Sale Pending
  19. BC82

BC82 Supporting Member

Paid and shipping tomorrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.