1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

FS: Fernandes Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by rogerbmiller, Jan 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    153   0   0

SOLD

This is a relist due to a spelling error in the title of the last thread.

I am selling off one of my Fernandes J basses. This one is Made in Taiwan. If you are looking for a high quality J bass at a bargain price, this bass will have you doing back flips! This is champagne on a beer budget folks. For half the cost of a used MIM Fender, you will be elated by what you get here.

This beauty is essentially the same as the Japanese '62 inspired J bass but with a couple of more contemporary elements. First, the grounding wire is internal for a cleaner and more modern Fender look as compared to the external copper wire on the '62 replicas.

Second, this one has the truss rod access behind the nut rather than being buried at the heel of the neck. So this one is a breeze to adjust. You just give the rod a tweak and you are set-- no removing the neck to get a nice set up.

I have owned quite a few Fernandes P's and J's made in both Japan and Taiwan, and I can confidently say that the Taiwanese quality is every bit as high as the Japanese quality. Hands down, Fernandes makes the best Fender Precision and Jazz killers out there and for way less dough.I have gigged with them and they are every bit as good.

This one is generally clean but there are a few dings toward the bottom edge as pictured. Most have either been touched up (decent job too) or didn't quite get to the wood with one exception. They are located such that they are not noticeable, especially not to your audience. A few of the upper frets have slight superficial oxidation which can easily be cleaned . Other than that, a couple of scratches on the back, and one or two very subtle compression dings that would not show on camera, this is a beauty and an overall good looker. The white pick guard has a slightly aged look to it showing a subtle almost cream or TV white color to it. A slight polishing to the tuners would make this bass sparkle.

All parts are original and I gave the bass a set up so she is playing great. The neck is great and the rosewood board is in beautiful condition.

This bass would make a great back up J bass, a great hot rod project bass, a hazard gig bass, a even a main gigging axe. Does everything a Jazz bass does. I have used this bass at band rehearsals and gigs.

If you would like audio I cab provide some! These feel, play and sound great. And these basses are a ridiculous value. Period.

For a quick sale I am asking $Sold for this bass shipped CONUS obo. If you are in PST or MST time zones, please add $25 additional for shipping. I can also do international shipping but please PM me first so we can determine feasibility of shipping and extra costs.

Please feel free to PM if you have any questions or offers.

Pics below. Thanks for looking.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]