1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD FS: Fiesta red Fender Road Worn Precision Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ric426, Dec 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ric426

ric426 Supporting Member

SOLD!

The price is $725 shipped, USPS Money Order unless we agree to other payment arrangements. Shipping to U.S. only.

After trying a bunch of different P basses, including American Standards, AVRIs and several other Road Worn ones, this was far and away my favorite. However, until I played it for a couple hours, I didn't realize that the thicker neck was going to bother my arthritic left hand. It looks like I'm going to have to stick with thinner necks from now on. I've also found that I'm more comfortable on 32" scale necks

I bought it new a month ago, though I believe the serial number indicates that it was made in '09. It's set up in it's stock configuration, but I had a 13 hole pickguard on it for a while, so there are a couple extra holes that are hidden under the stock pickguard.

The neck is currently set up with a slight relief and the action can be set pretty low if desired and still plays cleanly. The truss rod works smoothly and the neck can be set anywhere from dead straight to a high relief. The bass weighs exactly 8 lbs. and is very comfortable and well balanced. It comes in a Fender gig bag, but I'm a fanatic about careful packing, so it will travel safely to you.

I'd take certain 1x12 cabinets in partial trade or I'd do a straight swap for a pair of Aguilar DB112's or DB112NT's. I'd also be interested in basses with 32" scale lengths. I'm willing to consider other trade offers with cash either way as appropriate.

The actual body color has more red in it. My cheap camera didn't reproduce the color very accurately.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Type-55

Type-55 Supporting Member

Great TB'er.
    Takes excellent care of his gear.

3. seang15

seang15 Supporting Member

Definitely not disagreeing! :hyper:

But seems like taking care of a RW seems paradoxical, no? :bag:

RW goodness bump!!

4. eno50

eno50

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. NYCbassist

NYCbassist Supporting Member

I gigged mine last night and I was just as fearful of bumping and bruising it as my Mint Ric 4003;) Bump for a fantastic bass and great value.

7. ric426

ric426 Supporting Member

I'm very careful not to bump the nicks or nick the bumps and I never touch the worn spots.

Wait. Is that RW for Road Worn or my initials? I have nicks and bumps and worn spots too... :eyebrow:

8. fourtet102

fourtet102 Supporting Member

9. ric426

ric426 Supporting Member

10. bassmanhamilton

bassmanhamilton

Disclosures:
    Owner, J. Hamilton Guitars
  11. bassfreakah

bassfreakah

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist Ernie ball strings
  12. fourtet102

Is it just my impression or these basses get less and less reliced every year?

13. NYCbassist

14. Floridabwoy

Floridabwoy

Yes... I have the non-RW version of this bass... Others come and go... but this one never will.

15. ric426

ric426 Supporting Member

I looked at quite a few new ones and noticed that the sanded in wear patterns all tend to be in the same places, but there were noticeable differences in amount of finish removed. Probably depends on the mood of whoever is using the sander at the time. Personally, I'm ambivalent about the whole reliced concept, but for the money I couldn't find any other basses that felt or sounded as good. The broken in feel of them is nice.

16. fourtet102

I've had 2 P RWs and they were monstrous. Huge sound and great feel. That's why I'm contemplating over this one :)

17. ric426

ric426 Supporting Member

I tweaked the color in the photos to try and get it closer to the actual body color. It was too washed out looking. It may be a little too saturated now, but it is closer. You might want to refresh the page if you've looked at this thread before.

18. ric426

ric426 Supporting Member

Hope you all have a great holiday!

19. ric426

ric426 Supporting Member

On hold pending payment

20. NYCbassist

Congrats to the buyer. These are amazing basses. I will probably keep mine 4-ever

21. Creese

Creese Supporting Member

This thing is awesome. Thx Ric!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.