FS: Five basses (LTD, Yamaha, Squier)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by BBox Bass, Sep 28, 2013.

1. BBox Bass

BBox Bass Supporting Member

All basses are in good shape, clean, fully functional, set up, inspected by my guitar tech, and ready to play! Prices do not include shipping. I will ship to US and Canada ONLY. PM me your ZIP/postal code and I will get a shipping quote. Please do not reply to this post because I don't check it often.

1. LTD 255-DX

The seller described the color as gunmetal blue and claimed it was a factory sample, so I'm guessing there aren't many around that look like it. I bought the bass as a second after someone dropped it on the bottom point. My tech patched up and painted the bashed area.

The part of the bridge that holds the D string in place was also damaged in the fall and can't be fixed. Oddly enough, the bridge has holes to allow for stringing through the body, but the body had no holes, so I had my tech drill some and install ferrules. Stringing through the body works fine, but doing so requires extra long strings since the scale is 35" (it currently has a set of D'Addario ProSteels). Be warned that if you want to string through the bridge, you WILL need to buy a new bridge.

My tech looked the bass over and pronounced it fit aside from the damage I described. I gave it a setup and really like how it plays and sounds (good for metal, LOL), but one gig with this thing taught me that 10 pound basses and my shoulder don't get along very well. $300

2. Yamaha BB405

The previous owner broke the bridge pickup's volume pot. Instead of replacing it, they superglued it into the cavity, then bypassed the pot so that the neck pickup's pot ran both pickups. I replaced the bad pot and rewired everything correctly. I wet-sanded out the superglue reside around the pot's hole and polished it, but my polish job isn't perfect so the finish is a little hazy around the controls. Everything else is in good shape and the bass plays nice. I moved the bottom strap button to reduce the neck dive (it made a slight improvement). The neck is just a little chunky for my taste. $130

3. Squier by Fender Precision Bass Made in Korea

This bass was built in 1997, if my understanding of Squier serial numbers is accurate (SN 71356). It's all stock except for Wilkinson tuner upgrades, which are an improvement over the originals. The body has some small dings and scratches. I moved the bottom strap pin to reduce neck dive and filled the hole. Weighs 9.2 lbs. $130

4. Squier Affinity by Fender 20th Anniversary Edition Bass Made in China

This bass is all stock and I think was made in 2002 (SN CY20311184). The body has a few small dings and scratches, some of which I filled and painted. Weighs 8.4 lbs. $115

5. Squier by Fender Jaguar Vintage Modified Humbucker Bass

All stock, purchased new in 2011 (SN CS11021551), and barely used since then. I moved the bottom strap pin to reduce neck dive and filled the old screw hole. The neck still dives somewhat. Weighs 7.6 lbs. $120

Attached Files:

2. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Supporting Member