SOLD FS/FT 06 Rickenbacker 4003 Mapleglo with Toaster - Plek'd

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ustabawannab, Nov 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ustabawannab

ustabawannab Caesar's palace, morning glory, silly human race. Gold Supporting Member

SOLD
    This Ric is in excellent shape. Upgraded with a Bone Nut, Toaster Neck Pickup and a Pickgaurdian Bridge Cover. The bridge's foam damper was removed as well. The pickup cavities are copper shielded and grounded to the bridge. Case is also excellent. It was Pleck'd and setup beautifully by the Music Gallery of Highland Park

I have all the original parts except for the neck pickup. 8 pounds 8.1 ounces

PRICE DROP $1450 shipped and insured CONUS! I will take PayPal for CONUS transactions only. International buyers can pay by USPS Money order or Bank Transfer and will be responsible for all shipping, insurance, duties and VAT

Clickable thumbnails
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. p0k

p0k I play the bass and design things. Supporting Member

looks great!

3. ustabawannab

ustabawannab Caesar's palace, morning glory, silly human race. Gold Supporting Member

Thanks. Many more pics including the shielding work available. It's quieter than most Rics. Less buzz around fluorescent light ballast.

4. ustabawannab

This may look like a generic Ric.

It ain't.

The toaster, setup and shielding make it a cut above the rest.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Nice, the Toaster is a great upgrade, and has a warmth and deepness that's hard to find anywhere else. Good luck bump.

7. ustabawannab

More pictures including the copper shielding

Click on them, they'll get really big

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Blues Infidel

Blues Infidel Gold Supporting Member

Looks like a nice job. Do you feel the toaster pickup made a significant difference to the tone of this bass?

9. ustabawannab

Not a dramatic difference but I'd say a bit stronger around 150 to 250 HZ. It's strung with DR Sunbeams and pulls off a real ballsy Chris Squire and Dave Meros growl without being zingy.

If you've ever heard Squire's tone on Mind Drive on Yes's Keystudio album, this Ric nails it.

10. Bongokid

Bongokid

Damn, I'd trade you my wife for this Ric.. Deal?

11. ustabawannab

Thanks. Already got one. :D

12. sgiacomo

sgiacomo Supporting Member

Sweet bass, a new one won't have this setup and extras and likely won't sound as good. I think these inlays are nicer than the new ones too. Thankful to have the ability to consider this or new though... Free bump, well not exactly free because I have been flooding the seller with PM questions... :)

13. ustabawannab

Offer pending. Awaiting payment.

14. ustabawannab

Sold and off to Florida

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.