1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

To mark your thread sold, edit the title and choose the "SOLD" prefix. See the FAQ for more info

FS/FT: '08 Fender American Standard Jazz, Maple Fingerboard

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by mimaz, Jan 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mimaz

mimaz Gold Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Crook Custom Guitars
    [DEL]Price drop! See below...[/DEL] Sold!

Last weekend I made a "package deal" that included this 2008 Fender American Standard Jazz Bass w/ Maple fingerboard and the Fender SKB case. When I made the deal, I was really only interested in the amp that was involved...I haven't gigged w/ my 4 string basses in almost 15 years, so no reason to hang on to this one. That being said, when I picked up this bass it felt GREAT...low fast action, great Fender Jazz tone. For a day or 2 I considered hanging on to the bass, but the reality is, I only play my 5's, so this one is for sale.

It's a 2008 Fender American Standard Jazz in Charcoal Frost Metallic, with maple fingerboard/neck, and it comes with the Fender SKB case and all the "case candy", which looks as though it has never been out of the bag. The only known modification is the pickguard is now black instead of the original white. There is some minor fret wear, primarily on the E and A string, first 5 frets...I mention this because I want to be thorough and complete in description, but it is not even close to being an issue...the bass plays great!

Condition of the bass: This bass looks fantastic in the hands of the player, but if you are holding the bass and look carefully, there are several small dings, mostly on the lower edge of the bass. Nothing that is gouged or missing paint, no "missing chunks". Also, as I started to look more carefully, there is "finish checking", mostly on the upper horn and the top half of the back of the bass. This finish checking is UNDER the clear...you can't feel it, and at many (most?) angles, you don't see it. When I took the pics, I angled the light to highlight the finish checking, and the way it turned out, the pics look MUCH WORSE than the actual bass looks in person. If you're interested in an "out of the box, showroom fresh" bass, this isn't the one for you....but really, this is a great looking bass, and I can assure you that if you're playing the bass, the drunk chick that's hanging too close to the stage still won't see any of the imperfections until it's way too late and she is within 3 or 4 feet of reaching out to touch you!

This bass currently would run you $1350 at Guitar Center...click here. Save your money, this one is a great deal!

I'm thinking [DEL]$850[/DEL] [DEL]$799[/DEL] $750 shipped in CONUS, PayPal OK. I can help you save some $$ if I don't have to ship...I'm located about an hour from Pittsburgh PA, or 2 hours from Columbus OH, and I'm on the road a lot...I would be willing to meet for an "in person" sale or trade. I'm more interested in a straight sale, as I really don't need any gear or basses right now, but I'm open to listen to just about anything for trade...just please don't be offended if I say no. A couple of notes along those lines...I am not interested in any 4 string basses at all, I simply don't play them any longer. Also, I'm probably not at all interested in trading down to any lower end basses...I would be more likely to trade up to the right bass (or amp), with additional trade items or $$ on my end. Most likely trade items that I would consider include some sort of hollow-body "jazz box", or something like a Rick Turner, Rob Allen, etc, fretted or fretless, 5 string + only. I'm also into Mesa Boogie and Bergantino products, but not interested in the "big stuff"...my days of lugging around 8x10's or even 4x10's are well behind me!

You can view 23 pics of the bass here. I took both indoor and outdoor shots...the color is more accurate on the outdoor shots (against the brick background), and the indoor shots have a bit of color reflection due to the purple carpet in the room.

Feel free to PM me with any questions....I'll answer quickly. If you need any additional specific pics, or need a phone call for any more explanation, no problem, I'll handle it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. mimaz

Media:
    Albums:
    Disclosures:
    Forgot to mention in the original post (and someone is bound to ask).....this one weighs in at a svelte 9 lbs on the bathroom scale.
  3. mimaz

Media:
    Albums:
    Disclosures:
    Just passed on a trade offer for a nice looking Gibson...just not quite my "cup-o-tea".

I'm about to "push the button" on a different bass that I've had my eye on for awhile....it would be a great day to toss any reasonable cash offers my way...just sayin...
  4. mimaz

Media:
    Albums:
    Disclosures:
    Haven't seen enough activity here, so I must have priced it too high! Price drop....see original post.....or just PM me and tell me what you're thinking.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. mimaz

Media:
    Albums:
    Disclosures:
    A couple of trade feelers, but nothing solid yet, so here's the "Sunday bump"!

Make me an offer so I don't own this one tomorrow!
  7. mimaz

Media:
    Albums:
    Disclosures:
    Well, this one is still here, so I guess I still have it priced too high.....and that means......I'm dropping the price again.

(Polar Vortex Tuesday Bump!)
  8. mimaz

Media:
    Albums:
    Disclosures:
    This one is on hold pending payment folks! :bassist:
  9. mimaz

Media:
    Albums:
    Disclosures:
    Paid and shipped, will close the thread once it arrives safely.

Thanks for the offers guys!
  10. mimaz

Media:
    Albums:
    Disclosures:
    This one is all done! Thanks guys!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.