1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

FS/FT: 1964 Fender Precision - super pro refin & restoration

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by dukeplaysbass, Dec 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dukeplaysbass

dukeplaysbass Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    80   0   0

I'm reposting this because I can't edit my earlier ad, and I want to add some trade items.

Up for sale is a gorgeous faded CAR 1964 Fender Precision Bass. This bass was restored with all 1964 parts by Denny Rauen (http://www.rauenguitars.com) and used to be on his website. He's now gotten lots more celebrity clients; he says this will probably go back up when he revamps his website.

The original case is long gone, but I have a newer tolex Fender case for it.

She has her share of sins, extra holes, but nothing super serious - check the pix for details.

I saw and played the bass before the restoration. The neck and body are original. I also am fairly certain she had the original pickup and bridge (it was a six or seven years ago, so my recall isn't 100%). Tuners, guard, pots and wiring are all 1964, just sourced later for the complete restoration to 64 specs. The prior owner went to great expense to do this (and the killer refin). So, yes, you could say this is a "parts bass" but what I am asking for it is well under the value of the parts sold individually.

TRADED

I am moving soon and would prefer to sell outright, but will consider full or partial trades for vintage Ampeg SVTs or B-15s, 60s & 70s Fender basses, vintage Gibsons or Guilds. Also would be interested in a Gibson Les Paul Standard or ES-335 (or similar) and good quality vintage tube guitar amps. Can trade up or down.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]