FS/FT 1965 (ish) Fender Precision Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by J Moe, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J Moe

J Moe The Pursuit of Life Lived in The Pocket Supporting Member

I found this gal on consignment randomly at a little hole-in-the-wall shop. It was a one owner bass. Original owner bought it new in 1965. After 19 years, the neck was warped and the pickups were shot. So in 1984 he had it refinished in Fiesta Red, had a (new at the time) RI neck put on (1.75" nut width), and replaced the pickups with 70's Fender grey bottom P Bass pickups. The pots, bridge, pickguard and shielding plate are all '65. I am not sure about the tuners, they're either the originals or what came on the '84 RI neck. I'm not an expert on Fender serial numbers and dating, so you can look through the photos and confirm for yourself.

Entire photo album here: http://bit.ly/UHVMxo

The action is fantastically low, and she is a joy to play! Currently strung with DR Flats (45-105). The only things I did to the bass were have my tech smooth the back of the neck, and put an old AllParts brown tort pickguard on for a more Pino look. The original reddish tort pickguard and shilding plate are both included in the sale.

Asking $1,300 obo plus split shipping. Packed professionally and shipped fully insured. Very interested in the following trades:

Lakland Skyline 5560 Custom
    Ernie Ball Music Man Stingray 4
    Lakland US Bob Glaub (plus cash on my end)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. TheDialog

TheDialog Supporting Member

Would you sell the pups and anything that is original to '65 to me separately?

Thanks,
    Justin
  3. J Moe

Hey Justin, I'll see how sales/trades go first, and then let you know. Definitely not my preference to part everything out, but you can always shoot me a PM with an offer for the '65 parts.
  4. nukes_da_bass

nukes_da_bass Banned

So it's actually 1/2 a 1965 P bass actually.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. J Moe

Sold! Thanks A-Step-Towards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.