SOLD FS/FT 1966 Fender Precision Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by mikeowen17, Apr 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikeowen17

mikeowen17 Supporting Member

Not sure I want to do this, but I am putting this out there to gauge interest since I barely ever pick up 4 strings these days.

The bass is an early '66 but has all the pre-CBS features (e.g. unbound fretboard). L series serial number. It has been refinished and the electronics have been replaced with CTS pots and Duncan Antiquities.

I am of the opinion that this must have been a custom color before the refin as it has the green guard (with smooth edges, which I understand is the telltale sign of originality on these).

Neck is beautiful and feels nicely worn in. Tuners are original reverse buttons.

Comes with a Fender HSC which I was told is original - but has green lining and a small box compartment - so is different to many I've seen from this era. May have been a dealer supplied case, as I know Fender supplied various cases to dealers back in the day.

Looking for $3,500 - no Paypal due to the fee so we can discuss method if you are seriously interested.

Would trade for a NYC Sadowsky 5 only.

Here are the pics I have - more to follow (note that the pic with the guard removed shows the Bartolini pickups that used to be in the bass):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Kmrumedy

Kmrumedy

Nice bass. It is hard to tell from the pictures but exactly what colour is it? Is it brown/walnut? Dark burgundy mist?

I have seen this picture somewhere before. Are you a member at My Les Paul forum (MLP) by any chance? Maybe I know you from there?

Thanks.

3. mikeowen17

I'd say Dark Burgundy would be the best description.

And yeah, I am on MLP, and I recently offered the SG/LP in the pic up for sale - ended up trading it for a '62 ES-335. I used that same pic for that one too.....in fact, the P-Bass is the only one of those 5 that I still own (well, the T-Bird is still with me but it's sold pending payment) so I have prob used the pic a few more times too!!

4. mikeowen17

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. ekurilla

ekurilla Supporting Member

Where are you & bass located. Interested in '66. Have played a few and found my impressions to vary all over the place. Would be hard to spring for one without playing 1st.

Cheers, Ed

7. mikeowen17

Hi Ed - I'm located in NYC (Manhattan) you'd be welcome to come check it out!

8. mikeowen17

9. Rocky

Rocky

Hi, Would you consider an american Lakland 55-94? its transparent white with an ebony fretboard. I know your looking for a Sadowsky, but I thought I'd ask anyhow since im playing only 4 strings at this point. Thanks. Rob

10. mikeowen17

Thanks for the interest, but this sold today

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.