1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD FS/FT 1966 Fender Precision Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by mikeowen17, Apr 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikeowen17

mikeowen17 Supporting Member

Not sure I want to do this, but I am putting this out there to gauge interest since I barely ever pick up 4 strings these days.

The bass is an early '66 but has all the pre-CBS features (e.g. unbound fretboard). L series serial number. It has been refinished and the electronics have been replaced with CTS pots and Duncan Antiquities.

I am of the opinion that this must have been a custom color before the refin as it has the green guard (with smooth edges, which I understand is the telltale sign of originality on these).

Neck is beautiful and feels nicely worn in. Tuners are original reverse buttons.

Comes with a Fender HSC which I was told is original - but has green lining and a small box compartment - so is different to many I've seen from this era. May have been a dealer supplied case, as I know Fender supplied various cases to dealers back in the day.

Looking for $3,500 - no Paypal due to the fee so we can discuss method if you are seriously interested.

Would trade for a NYC Sadowsky 5 only.

Here are the pics I have - more to follow (note that the pic with the guard removed shows the Bartolini pickups that used to be in the bass):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Kmrumedy

Kmrumedy

Nice bass. It is hard to tell from the pictures but exactly what colour is it? Is it brown/walnut? Dark burgundy mist?

I have seen this picture somewhere before. Are you a member at My Les Paul forum (MLP) by any chance? Maybe I know you from there?

Thanks.

3. mikeowen17

I'd say Dark Burgundy would be the best description.

And yeah, I am on MLP, and I recently offered the SG/LP in the pic up for sale - ended up trading it for a '62 ES-335. I used that same pic for that one too.....in fact, the P-Bass is the only one of those 5 that I still own (well, the T-Bird is still with me but it's sold pending payment) so I have prob used the pic a few more times too!!

4. mikeowen17

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. ekurilla

ekurilla Supporting Member

Where are you & bass located. Interested in '66. Have played a few and found my impressions to vary all over the place. Would be hard to spring for one without playing 1st.

Cheers, Ed

7. mikeowen17

Hi Ed - I'm located in NYC (Manhattan) you'd be welcome to come check it out!

8. mikeowen17

9. Rocky

Rocky

Hi, Would you consider an american Lakland 55-94? its transparent white with an ebony fretboard. I know your looking for a Sadowsky, but I thought I'd ask anyhow since im playing only 4 strings at this point. Thanks. Rob

10. mikeowen17

Thanks for the interest, but this sold today

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.