1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD FS/FT: 1970s Ampeg SVT tube head

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by TALL&STOUT, Apr 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TALL&STOUT

TALL&STOUT Bassics Studio Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Dealer for Darkglass Electronics
    **SOLD**
    You know it, you try to find modern amps that sound like it, you love it, you just dont love having to move it :)

For sale is my classic 1970s 300 watt Ampeg Model SVT tube amplifier. I bought this as my studio/recording amp and I love the tone to death. It really sounds and feels like a sack of fuzzy bricks hitting you in the chest. There is nothing quite like it. 100% functional, low hours on the power tubes, pots have minimal noise for their age, runs like a champ, just deserves more usage than what I am giving it (I'm married to my Mesa Boogie Fathom).

As a side note, even tho the back plate says "V9", I assure you this is not a V9, The Ampeg Company was just lazy/efficient back in the day and used the same back plates from what I can deduce.

For now I would like to keep this a semi local deal to Southern California (San Diego) and wanted to post it here for a week before Craigs List. Not really interested in shipping this as it sits right now.

Due to cosmetics, I am only asking $1500 cash.

As for trades, I am mostly interested in getting a Dingwall, old Warwicks, maybe a Zon or a Pedulla... just prefer thinner necks, not painted or glass. Cheers!

**I will be in Anaheim this weekend for WonderCon for anyone who wants it in OC or LA**

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  2. TALL&STOUT

Disclosures:
    Another pair of pics

Attached Files:

3. TALL&STOUT

Disclosures:
  4. bodtker

bodtker Supporting Member

I have a 2003 Warwick Thumb 4 B/O.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. TALL&STOUT

Disclosures:
    Deposit received on the SVT, headed to Anaheim tonight!

**SOLD**

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.