1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

To mark your thread sold, edit the title and choose the "SOLD" prefix. See the FAQ for more info

FS/FT: 1970s Ampeg SVT tube head

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by TALL&STOUT, Apr 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TALL&STOUT

TALL&STOUT Music is my religion Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Dealer for Darkglass Electronics
    **SOLD**
    You know it, you try to find modern amps that sound like it, you love it, you just dont love having to move it :)

For sale is my classic 1970s 300 watt Ampeg Model SVT tube amplifier. I bought this as my studio/recording amp and I love the tone to death. It really sounds and feels like a sack of fuzzy bricks hitting you in the chest. There is nothing quite like it. 100% functional, low hours on the power tubes, pots have minimal noise for their age, runs like a champ, just deserves more usage than what I am giving it (I'm married to my Mesa Boogie Fathom).

As a side note, even tho the back plate says "V9", I assure you this is not a V9, The Ampeg Company was just lazy/efficient back in the day and used the same back plates from what I can deduce.

For now I would like to keep this a semi local deal to Southern California (San Diego) and wanted to post it here for a week before Craigs List. Not really interested in shipping this as it sits right now.

Due to cosmetics, I am only asking $1500 cash.

As for trades, I am mostly interested in getting a Dingwall, old Warwicks, maybe a Zon or a Pedulla... just prefer thinner necks, not painted or glass. Cheers!

**I will be in Anaheim this weekend for WonderCon for anyone who wants it in OC or LA**

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  2. TALL&STOUT

Disclosures:
    Another pair of pics

Attached Files:

3. TALL&STOUT

Disclosures:
    Bump for the beast
  4. bodtker

bodtker Supporting Member

I have a 2003 Warwick Thumb 4 B/O.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. TALL&STOUT

Disclosures:
    Deposit received on the SVT, headed to Anaheim tonight!

**SOLD**
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2014

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.