1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD FS/FT 1972 Fender Jazz Bass Original w/OHSC

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by kshipley1, Feb 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kshipley1

kshipley1 Supporting Member

I am just feeling this out for interest. If there's good interest, I'll sell or trade.
    Only two owners on this 42 year old beauty. First owner was a guitar player and had it 8 years. The second owner was in the band with the original owner and bought it from him and has had it ever since (about 33 years). Both owners were guitar players by trade, but the second owner went back and forth between guitar and bass. Nicely aged, a legit road worn at a nice weight, 8.11 lbs.

FS:[DEL] $2800[/DEL] Price drop $2500 firm shipped cont. USA
    FT: very specific only: Lakland 55-94, 55-02, 44-94, 44-02 (maple fretboard only, Amber or Sunburst only, no cherry burst)), MTD USA 435 or 535, Sadowsky Metro 4 or 5 string

http://s1100.photobucket.com/user/kshipley1/library/1972 Fender Jazz Bass?sort=2&page=1

Details/History:
    1972 Fender Jazz Bass
    * Original Fender case
    * All original bass with only exception being: pickup cover, bridge cover. Even the screws (save 1) are original.
    * Has a genuine fender replacement pickguard on it, but the original is included (in storage).
    * Structurally very sound. It is set up beautifully with low action. Truss rod works great.
    * Neck is excellent with no issues with the pearl blocks, frets have plenty of life.
    * Original pickups sound great and strong.
    Has real play wear as would be expected in it’s 42 years. Neck is straight and in fantastic shape. Binding is in great shape, a very nice original bass.
    One non visible thing is, as was common, players sometimes would do tweaks and mods they thought would be good. Of course, at the time, they had no idea the value these would have. The original owner did a rout under the pickguard on the treble side to put in some sort of switches. It was since repaired. You don’t see it and it does not cause any issues with pickguard screws, the original pickguard does have the little holes from these switches.
    Overall a geat, nicely worn original (99%) Jazz Bass.

2. kshipley1

Happy Rocky Mountain Monday

3. kshipley1

4. kshipley1

Price drop to $2500 firm shipped. I will be closing this thread Sunday evening. Wouldn't hurt my feelings to keep it.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. kshipley1

Ok, hmmm, must not be a demand for vintage basses. I'll let this run through the day (Sunday) and then pull the ad. In the mean time I did a couple more possible trades.
    Lakland USA (no cherry burst) 44-94 or 55-54, MTD USA 435 or 535, Sadowsky Metro 4 or 5

7. akane3

akane3 Supporting Member

yeah, my 76 has not been able to sell either. Why does this one have a replacement pick guard if you still have the original?

8. akane3

akane3 Supporting Member

scratch that comment, I just read the end of the post. Hey, do these have all the polyurethane or is it a nitro finish?

9. kshipley1

I think these were all nitro in the day. Pretty sure.

10. jamminology101

jamminology101

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Glockenklang
    Nope. ...poly. Only the headstock was shot with nitro(which explains the discoloration as they age). CBS thought it was wasted money so they went the cheaper/cheapest route with the poly.

11. spufman

spufman

'72 would be Thick Skin.

12. kshipley1

13. kshipley1

Ending the auction. If you have something to trade or want to purchase, just PM me. Thx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.