1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

TRADED FS/FT: 1978 Fender Jazz All Original (Canada)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Whisper, Mar 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whisper

Whisper Supporting Member

1978 Fender Jazz Bass

A great sounding example from the Fender CBS era. Original pickups work 100%, straight neck, truss rod moves freely. Weight is a very comfortable 9.2 lbs. Currently strung with Sadowsky Blue Label strings. I do not have the pickup covers. Comes with original hardshell case. Someone has drawn a floral design on the case, as you can see in the photos.

Also, someone enlarged the nut grooves at some point, so it's not as snug as it could be around the strings at the headstock. That being said, it doesn't affect the playability at all.

The bass has definitely been played, so there are lots of small dings and some finish checking. There is a section of chrome that has flaked off on the neck plate (which you can see in the photos).

It's a great sounding bass, and definitely has that vintage vibe that I have yet to hear in a new instrument. However, I have a Fender Marcus Miller sig. that gets me in the ballpark tonally, and would like to add another 5-string to my arsenal.

Price: $2400 Shipped Canada/USA

Trades: 34" scale 5-string basses, +/- cash: Sadowsky (NYC or Metro), Alleva-Coppolo, Fodera NYC, etc.
    Would also be interested in a Sadowsky 4-string.

Pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. D Bopp

D Bopp Supporting Member

That's a great weight for this bass.
  3. Whisper

I agree!
  4. Whisper

Bump, make me an offer or trade deal!
  5. puckwall

puckwall

I have a NYC Sadowsky 4, sunburst, rosewood board. Non chambered but light weight. Pre-dates the VTC. Great sounding bass. I'm looking for a maple board or I wouldn't think of trading it. I'm just outside Toronto so no issues crossing the border. Thx.
  6. Whisper

Hi Puckwall, I'm interested, check your messages
  7. Whisper

TRADED to Puckwall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.