SOLD FS/FT: 1984 G&L L-2000 E

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by thedude77md, Apr 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thedude77md

thedude77md Supporting Member

Up for sale or trade is a 1984 G&L L-2000E. It's definitely got MOJO but it's rock solid and plays like a dream! Awesome bass but I have an itch for something new.

All electronics work great, no scratchy pots, and it's got the awesome humbucking/single coil switch instead of the series/parallel switch found on later models. Nut looks like 1.75", frets are in good shape, and the neck is really comfy. There's also some light quilting on the fretboard.

The TB'er I acquired it from a couple years ago stated it is all original with a slight a modification to the truss rod bullet. The center of the bullet has a small groove filed into the top so you can use a screwdriver for adjustment. Still works like normal too and isn't ugly. See the pics.

Serial number 015581. From what research I've done, it seems that it's was likely made in early 84 based on the serial number and having the "new" headstock type but still having the chrome, plastic style knobs with ribbing versus the chrome ones that came into use in mid-1984.I have not taken the neck off as it's been professionally set up and I'm not good with reassembling and set ups. Strung with with Ken Smith Compressors.

I'll start at $675 shipped CONUS but feel free to make me an offer. I plan to ship it without a case but will pack it well (see my feedback). I can probably throw in a cheap gig bag.

As for trade bait, looking to do either a straight trade or trade plus some $$ on my end (say $500ish tops).

I am interested in the following in fretted, 4 string versions. I prefer maple boards and am particular about color, but throw whatcha got at me.
    • EBMM Stingray or Big Al, (maybe a Bongo) with HH, HS, or SSS pickup configuration
    • Lakland DJ or Decade
    • Reverends, old or new
    • Gibson non-reverse T-Bird reissues
    • Ibanez ATK (not the entry level one, something in the mid-price range or one of the US Bunker built ones)
    • Something quirky from Italia, DiPinto or Eastwood
    • Semi-hollow basses (no fully hollow!)

I'd also consider trading for a Mesa Buster or Traynor YBA-200 head.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist Gold Supporting Member

good luck, i just got an 83 and it's by far the coolest bass i've had

3. Nightvision

Nightvision

4. Lordcliff

Lordcliff Supporting Member

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. placeboe

placeboe Supporting Member

7. thedude77md

All PM's replied to. Some very interesting offers so far... tons of interest!

8. thedude77md

And SOLD! Thanks for the interest, TB!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.