1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

FS/FT 1985 Squier Katana

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Spleenface92, Jan 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spleenface92

Spleenface92

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

So, it's come time to get rid of my old Squier. I love the thing to death, but I don't really use it, and I could use the money and. The bass is in decent shape, it's got some small chips in the finish on the outer edges, as is to be expected with any odd shaped guitar. It needs a decent setup, and probably a new nut. Also, fair warning, it doesn't balance at all. Neck dive city. But hey, it looks cool, and it's now technically "vintage"...which is cool as well. Here's some pictures.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The bass has a non original string retainer and one of the bridge saddles was missing when I got it, so it has been replaced with a threaded saddle from my Fender Jaguar Bass. There are also fret inlay stickers, easily removable. The same goes for the mountain dew sticker. It comes with a customized Coffin Case that fits it.
    I'm looking for around $300 (or best offer) and will trade for a 7 string guitar of decent quality. Make me an offer! I can take more detailed pictures if you want, and I'll ship via your choice of shipping company.
  2. Spleenface92

Spleenface92

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Slight update with things I forgot: The knobs are not original, neither is the jack, however, the pots and pickups are all original.
  3. Spleenface92

Spleenface92

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Got an offer, still want to see if anyone can trade me for an okay quality 7 string.
    Also, I guess this qualifies as a bump.
  4. Spleenface92

Spleenface92

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Tuesday evening bump?
  5. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

0   0   0

I own one of these. My wife gave me one this past Christmas. It's basically a funky, "V" shaped P-Bass with great tone.
  6. Spleenface92

Spleenface92

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

and short scale!
  7. TeeZeeMee90

TeeZeeMee90 Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Still for sale?
  8. Spleenface92

Spleenface92

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

She's being shipped out tomorrow. Sold for $225!
  9. grisezd

grisezd Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

I didn't realize it was short scale. I'll have to keep my eye out for one now.
  10. Spleenface92

Spleenface92

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I'm pretty sure it's a 32" scale. Also, it's got a heel end truss rod adjustment. You can find them occasionally. I liked it, but it was time for it to go.
    And it's been immortalized on facebook...thanks to this:
    [​IMG]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.