1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD FS/FT: 1995 Aria Steve Bailey 6-string unlined fretless, PERFECT condition w/case!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by K-Funk, Feb 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K-Funk

K-Funk

This is a really cool machine. It's an early Aria Pro II Avante Series Steve Bailey fretless model, made in Korea. Just got it a full, professional setup at Motor City Guitar in Waterford, MI. Plays like a dream; great throaty tone with the fresh D'Addario half-rounds it's wearing. The bass is in damn-near flawless condition- I can't find any aesthetic blemish anywhere on it. It'll ship in a new Roadrunner hard/soft case.

Looking to trade for Fender P's, J's, and Strats. Might also trade it for a tube guitar head. I'd sell it outright for $600 plus shipping to the lower 48.

Here's a video of David Hughes throwing down on the custom shop version of the exact same bass:

2. 73jbass

73jbass Gold Supporting Member

3. K-Funk

K-Funk

10.5-11 lbs. Not a lightweight but it balances perfectly.

4. 73jbass

73jbass Gold Supporting Member

How about a 90's MIJ 57 reissue P-bass?

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Low Class

Low Class Supporting Member

I had one of these. Incredible playing basses at any price!!

7. jleguy

jleguy

Scale length? 34"?
    Nut width?
    String spacing bridge?

8. K-Funk

K-Funk

34" scale, 1.92" nut width and .61" string spacing. At least that's what my cheapo caliper says.

9. Kevin Woods

Kevin Woods Supporting Member

Very nice. I always loved the lines on these. The one that I had came with the Bailey/Duncan Fundemantal Fretlesuaixuakfbj system. Sorry, that came out wrong...I always wished that I had the singles coils instead. This is a light one, too. Mine weighed 12.4 lbs, but the balance was perfect.

Git crackin' boys, this one's a jumper.

Cheers.

edit: The stock string-spacing at the bridge is 18mm - very nice. Wide enough for comfort but also slightly easier for fingerstyle string crossing.

10. Reprise

Reprise Supporting Member

I just got through sending you a PM about the Carvin...now this one shows up (or at least it's the first time I see it, today)....oy vey!

Anyway, hit me back through PM and let's chat a bit. I have the feeling one of these will be leaving you and coming to me shortly. :ninja:

11. jleguy

jleguy

Still available?

12. K-Funk

K-Funk

Bump! Still available.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.