1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FS/FT 77 Fretless Ric 4001

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by cubanbass, Apr 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubanbass

cubanbass

***will consider offers on this to buy, I just got home and found an eviction notice. I have a month to move my family out***

1977 Fretless Rickenbacker in great condition though has natural wear. I can email pics, and take any detailed pics per request. This bass shows its age but it an amazing player and looks beautiful despite its wear. Fingerboard is in fantastic shape, the bass is slim, light and a joy to play, bass is set up with nice low action...

A little history from the TBer I got the Ric from..

"Just back from my luthier... Sent pic's and serial number to Rickenbacker and they confirmed it is an original 1977 Ric 4001 Fretless. Seems to have all original components except the 2 jacks that were replaced sometime in the 1990's but I still have the originals. It does have a new mute on the bridge.

There is a ton to know about this bass, here is what I have learned - The bass had a problem with the scarf joint. My luthier told me that it was almost like a factory second kind of thing- never broken, but not glued properly either. The scarf joint was repaird and the headstock sits exactly how it should. There was some neck dive as well. A 1/16" spacer was placed under the board to make the neck/board even out and the board was reset (Again by my luthier) and the back of the neck was repainted to match the rest of the 40 year old body. This bass is in awesome condition. Playable like the day it was new. Also, there is binding on the headstock. Ric cannot confirm that this is original, but my luthier says it is most certainly not aftermarket. It is original.

So there you have it. I have about 30 pictures. All the before during and after shots..."

Here is a picture of me with the bass, I have pictures that the last owner took while it was in his luthiers care.

Because of the nature of this deal a local deal would is preferable, but willing to ship CONUS only.

I am asking [DEL]$1750[/DEL] SOLD shipped CONUS
    Brought price down, need to raise cash fast!!!

[​IMG]

**will consider offers on this, got home and found an eviction notice. I have a month to move out******
  2. cubanbass

cubanbass

3. cubanbass

cubanbass

Brought price down, need to sell!
  4. cubanbass

cubanbass

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. cubanbass

cubanbass

Closing thread. Bass is sold.

Thread Status: