SOLD FS/FT: A Pair of Gorgeous Spector Euros

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by BigLoopDuke, Apr 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigLoopDuke

BigLoopDuke

EDIT: Both basses sold in a short period of time. I did mark each as sold, to prevent confusion of which bass was which.

I'm putting up both of my Spector Euros. I'm looking for a sale or a trade for either for an Fender American Standard p-bass with a rosewood fretboard. Not interested in the S1 switching system, though.

Spector Euro 4 LX
    Priced to move at $OLD ($850 was selling price), shipped in the continental US.

Gorgeous wood, a little flicker in the flame, and it plays and sounds like the roaring beast you would expect. Neck is great, action sets up low and clean, EMGs as one would expect. As others have said, this is a true hammer of the gods. Warwick Rockbag included (no worries, I have a great method for shipping bagged instruments safely).

Spector NS4CR-FL Fretless w/ Spector HSC
    Priced to move at $OLD ($650 was selling price) shipped in the continental US.

This is an early one with the serial in the control cavity. The neck was stripped and shaved when the previous owner bought it, and this is the thinnest neck I have seen on a Euro Spector. Has a bone nut, and tight grained rosewood or pao ferro board. Dot markers at the usual fingering positions, has a marker put in at the first position. Has EMG P&J pickups with a Euro copy of the Spector 9 volt preamp. The center detent does not work on the bass control and that control is occasionally scratchy, but I rarely notice. Could be remedied with some Deox-It fader lube. It has a set of S.I.T. Silencers on this bass, which are inverse wound, round wound strings, a different take on semi flats so the fingerboard has minimal string marking. The fretboard is clean and in great shape, overall Gold hardware, matte bridge, Schaller tuners and gold Dunlop straplocks. This bass has all the mwahhh you'd want and can get some of the Spector grind and growl with fresh strings. The J bass soloed gets that classic fretless midrange sing that is tight and sustains like no ones business. Cash price is $650.00 shipped lower 48 only. The neck width at the nut is 1.56" and the bass weighs a bit under 10 lbs on a bathroom scale. The neck was thinned to about .75" at the first (fret) position. The volute was even trimmed down to look good with the thinner carve. It's a super fast neck and is very comfortable to play. One of the best Spectors I've ever played.

PICTURES!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. burgerdj

burgerdj

Gorgeous! What is the nut width on the fretted? 34" scale?

3. basser05

basser05 Supporting Member

Pretty sure the LX will be gone FAST! super great price!

4. BigLoopDuke

BigLoopDuke

1.65", I believe. It is a 34" scale.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. 707hippie

707hippie Supporting Member

Any interest in a Warmoth P ?

7. Scootbass1

Scootbass1 Supporting Member

Woo-Hoo! This bird is returning home in all its fretless smoothness.

8. ddhm

ddhm

Methinks that you are supposed to leave the prices and close the thread when they are sold.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.