FS/FT: Abalone pickguard for Blacktop (PJ) Jazz

Discussion in 'For Sale: Accessories' started by MarkoYYZ, Jan 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarkoYYZ

MarkoYYZ Supporting Member

So I ordered a Jazz pickguard with a PJ route, to put on a Gun Metal Blue Aerodyne Jazz. It was expensive, but the Abalone pg on my Precision looked soooo good, I wanted it on a J also.

Thing is, I ordered one identified for the Blacktop Jazz and not sure how I let it happen, but I didn't double check to make sure that the P location was the same on both the Blacktop and the Aero. It's not.

This PG has a slightly more forward position on the P neck pickups and was therefore ordered wrong. It was my mistake, so I'm not going to waste WD's time in trying to return or exchange it - so the next best thing is to put it out there to see if anyone on TB would like to give it a home on a nice Blacktop or similarly routed PJ Jazz. I believe Warmoth has some PJs with this positioning, or maybe you want to take the Dremel to your project bass and put a P in where your forward J is right now.

http://www.wdmusic.com/fender_blacktop_jazz_bass_black_abalone_jbbt_335.html
    $59.95 + shipping from WD Music, so it cost me almost $75 :meh:

I'm thinking $45 shipped CONUS and Canada as far as a sale price, or something in that range as far as a trade goes. The liner has been peeled off, but it is 100% new otherwise.

I could use the following, though any offer would be considered, +/- cash as needed:

- Aerodyne or Jazz Bass Special control knobs
    - Chrome plated pickguard for Precision Bass (a la Steve Harris)
    - Mirrored acrylic and/or BWB pickguard for Precision also
    - Chrome Supertone bridge from Hipshot
    - Interesting humbuckers for a Fenderbird
    - Pickups and preamps to try out
    - Maybe a cool pedal

Thanks for looking.

Attached Files:

2. MarkoYYZ

It's actually not quite as green looking as the photos, where the green in the paint color pulls out the green in the PG.

It would look amazing on a black bass, though white, blue or metallic grey would pair up nicely also.

Pics below show it against other body colors I have handy...

Attached Files:

3. MarkoYYZ

...and SOLD!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.