1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

FS/FT: Abalone pickguard for Blacktop (PJ) Jazz

Discussion in 'For Sale: Accessories' started by MarkoYYZ, Jan 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarkoYYZ

MarkoYYZ Supporting Member

So I ordered a Jazz pickguard with a PJ route, to put on a Gun Metal Blue Aerodyne Jazz. It was expensive, but the Abalone pg on my Precision looked soooo good, I wanted it on a J also.

Thing is, I ordered one identified for the Blacktop Jazz and not sure how I let it happen, but I didn't double check to make sure that the P location was the same on both the Blacktop and the Aero. It's not.

This PG has a slightly more forward position on the P neck pickups and was therefore ordered wrong. It was my mistake, so I'm not going to waste WD's time in trying to return or exchange it - so the next best thing is to put it out there to see if anyone on TB would like to give it a home on a nice Blacktop or similarly routed PJ Jazz. I believe Warmoth has some PJs with this positioning, or maybe you want to take the Dremel to your project bass and put a P in where your forward J is right now.

http://www.wdmusic.com/fender_blacktop_jazz_bass_black_abalone_jbbt_335.html
    $59.95 + shipping from WD Music, so it cost me almost $75 :meh:

I'm thinking $45 shipped CONUS and Canada as far as a sale price, or something in that range as far as a trade goes. The liner has been peeled off, but it is 100% new otherwise.

I could use the following, though any offer would be considered, +/- cash as needed:

- Aerodyne or Jazz Bass Special control knobs
    - Chrome plated pickguard for Precision Bass (a la Steve Harris)
    - Mirrored acrylic and/or BWB pickguard for Precision also
    - Chrome Supertone bridge from Hipshot
    - Interesting humbuckers for a Fenderbird
    - Pickups and preamps to try out
    - Maybe a cool pedal

Thanks for looking.

Attached Files:

2. MarkoYYZ

It's actually not quite as green looking as the photos, where the green in the paint color pulls out the green in the PG.

It would look amazing on a black bass, though white, blue or metallic grey would pair up nicely also.

Pics below show it against other body colors I have handy...

Attached Files:

3. MarkoYYZ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.