1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FS / FT : American Made Fender Bassman 300 Pro Head, 300W Tube, New Sylvania 6L6

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Dinosaurbass, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Dinosaurbass

Dinosaurbass Supporting Member

Hello Talkbass,

Thought I'd toss this up again and see if there's any interest before the summer tour cycle.

I have an original American made fender bassman 300 pro. It's in loved condition with some minor tolex wear and 1 cracked knob. 100% perfect working order.

Had the power tubes replaced about 10 playing hours ago with a matched set of Russian made Sylvania 6L6's.

There is a lot of info on talkbass about this head. It's got a crazy amount of headroom, but with the pre amp blend you can really dial in any sound you're after. it's also got a 2 channel select, graphic eq and a range of on-board compression. It takes a bit more time to dial in than an SVT or Messa 400 but it's also way more versatile.

I'm simply not playing this head anymore and have moved to smaller cab's. Be warned this thing is massive and weighs in at 100lbs.

Ideally i'd like to trade this head for any of the following or something I don't know I need yet:

Fender AVRI P
    Fender Bass VI (japan)
    Gibson: Ripper, Grabber, Midtown, EB4
    Fender Flower Power P

Attached Files:

2. Dinosaurbass

Dinosaurbass Supporting Member

3. fettbass

fettbass

Super duper great head, I own one as well. Just thought I'd mention I believe these were actually made in Mexico, although mine also says "a product of fender......corona CA USA".
  4. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Records of Existence/PyrE owner
    You dont have a price posted, and dont you mean 6550s? ;-)
    Killer amp!
  5. iualum

iualum

Interested, but yes, to both these things :cool: .