1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

FS/FT: Ampeg B25 2x15 Cabinet Altec 418 CT/RI/MA/NY

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by D.M.N., Jan 25, 2014.

1. D.M.N.

D.M.N.

Welp, trying to fund some repairs and new gear (pedalspedalspedalspedals), so once more this thing is up on the block. Bought it here on TB a few years back Some nicks in the tolex and some dinged up corners, nothing major or structural, most of the damage that there is occurred during shipping when I bought it. Early Metal logo and I believe the cab to be about a 1969. Has the original dolly, though a couple of the rubber feet are missing (the cab still sits and aligns on the dolly fine). The dolly especially is a little grimy (it arrived that way), but it's nothing a little cleaning won't take care of (if the buyer wants, I can clean it up before purchase) A 1/4" jack was added to the back by a previous owner, though the XLR style jack is still there (just not wired to anything, though some of the original wiring harness remains).

The best part about this cab is the stock Altec 418s loaded in. This was an option from the factory, and as far as I can tell, these are original to the cab. It is currently wired at 4 ohms, but can easily be switched back to the stock 16 ohms.

I'd like to get $400 for it, but hit me with a reasonable offer and we'll see what happens. I'm not really looking for trades at the moment, but if you have a Catalinbread Echorec, Chicago Iron Parachute Wah or a Fender Reverb Unit, let me know, and we'll work something out. Right now, I'm not willing to ship (it'd be pretty expensive, this is no lightweight cab), so I'd like to keep it fairly local. I'm in Middletown, Connecticut, so if you can pick it up, great, but I'm willing to drive up to about 1 hour to meet someone if they want.

And now for the photographic evidence:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. D.M.N.

D.M.N.

3. D.M.N.

D.M.N.

4. D.M.N.

D.M.N.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. D.M.N.

D.M.N.

Make me an offer, who knows what will happen!

7. D.M.N.

D.M.N.

Super Bowl Bump!

8. D.M.N.

D.M.N.

9. D.M.N.

D.M.N.

Nothing? C'mon, I know there's some fans of old Ampegs out there!

10. thesummerends

thesummerends

11. D.M.N.

D.M.N.

It's pretty darn good. I just plugged in my Sunn 1200s the other day, and I was quite surprised by it. I hadn't played it other than with my Sunn 200s, and I was never quite satisfied. Not that it wasn't a good sound, it just wasn't my sound, a bit too honky. But with the 1200s it was much fuller, I think being able to control the mids on the larger head helped a lot. It made me second guess selling it, but I have other cabs, so this one just doesn't get used much. It's not going to give you a very hi-fi tone, but for lower powered tube heads, it's great.

12. D.M.N.

D.M.N.

13. D.M.N.

D.M.N.

14. D.M.N.

D.M.N.

Hump Day Bump Day.

Remember, it's OBO! So hit me with an offer!

15. D.M.N.

D.M.N.

16. D.M.N.

D.M.N.

17. D.M.N.

D.M.N.

18. D.M.N.

D.M.N.

19. Joe Kyle

Joe Kyle

Interested in a trade for a Mesa Powerhouse 410?

Attached Files: