FS/FT: Atelier Z M265 5-String Jazz Bass - Master Luthier Mas Hino Built

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Bassology, Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bassology

Bassology Supporting Member

****I closed my previous thread as I originally had the Atelier Z for sale only, but it's now open for trade as well. Also, the price have been dropped from [DEL]$1850[/DEL] to [DEL]$1700[/DEL] TRADED shipped Canada and USA.****

Up for grab is an Altelier Z M265, 5 string jazz bass, made in Japan of course. This one was built by NYC master luthier Mas Hino during his 8 years stint with Atelier Z in Tokyo. For those not familiar of him, you should really check him out. He was the master builder for Pensa Suhr between 1985 to 2000, then Atelier Z, and now operates his own shop in New York City.

This bass is built as solid as a horse, solid ash body with sunburst finish, maple neck w/ white binding and inlays. Pickups are Atelier Z JBZ-5 in 60's position, classic single coils with lots vintage punch and clarity. Preamp is Atelier's own design as well, 2 band EQ w/ a passive push and pull switch.

Overall, the bass is in excellent condition, it does have some scratches and dents, but nothing major. I would rate it on a scale of 9/10.

The bass will be shipped with a well padded soft gigbag and packed well in a cardboard box.

In terms of trade, I am mainly looking for a fiver. I am willing to add cash for the right Ken Smith. Or if you have an Ibanez Soundgear and don't mind adding some cash, I can work with that as well. Anyway. let me know what you've got. :)

Attached Files:

2. Bassology

More pics......

Attached Files:

3. SuprF1y

SuprF1y

What's the weight on this one?
  4. Whisper

Whisper Supporting Member

+1 for weight. Also, PM sent.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Bassology

Somewhere between 10.5 - 10.8lbs according to my bathroom scale. It balances well and with a nice strap, I have no issue wearing it through a 4 hours rehearsal. BTW, as legend goes, some of these Atelier can up to 14lbs. :eek:
  7. Bassology

Back to the top :)
  8. Bassology

Trade deal pending.......:hyper:
  9. Bassology

Traded, thx talkbass.........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.