1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

To mark your thread sold, edit the title and choose the "SOLD" prefix. See the FAQ for more info

SOLD FS/FT: Awesome Tune Casiopea TWX41 4 string Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by WarriorJoe7, Mar 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarriorJoe7

WarriorJoe7 Supporting Member

Pics will be up soon. it's is some kind of metallic silver and the coated DR strings need replaced. i will include new strings that you can install.

Condition: 7.5 - $440 shipped. will ship overseas for $400 plus actual shipping cost with the neck off. will ship with new strings

These are hard to find and have boutique features.This four stringer has 2 Pickups and a 18 volt 3 band pre built and designed by Tune Technology with trim gain pots for each pickup and notch filter adjustment. Ash body,3 piece maple neck and rosewood fretboard. Super slim neck with low action,this is one of the sweetest sounding basses I've played with a versatile and dead quiet pre. A nice build with quality tight fit and finish work. Very neat and tidy preamp cavity.This bass screams $1000+ quality.

No functional issues, just cosmetic one you will see in the pics. The front looks nice and the neck is nice as far as condition. The edges have a dozen or so tiny dings and one large ding, still smaller than a size of the dime but it goes into the wood (this is what gives it a 7.5 condition. Other than the one deep ding this thing is in great condition with no issues.)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: May 6, 2014
  2. Marcury

Marcury High and Low Supporting Member

3. isky

isky Supporting Member

Pics please?
  4. WarriorJoe7

posted pics. all known flaws higlighted. will ship with new strings
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Russty1107

Russty1107 Supporting Member

Media:
    Was the bass made in Japan or Korea? Thanks
  7. pjinserra

pjinserra Supporting Member Supporting Member

The Korean made basses carry long serial numbers beginning with the letter S like this one has. I own a similar one. They are still nicely put together with a decent active system, brass nut, narrow ( and fast) neck. The Japanese TUNE basses are nicer, but quite scarce and typically more $$$. . I searched long and hard before I found one at a reasonable price and in the states. The Hatsun TUNE (Korean) company rightfully owns the rights to the brand name Tune Guitar Technology for many years now since purchasing it from its previous (Japanese) owners. Lots of confusion over who owns what marketing rights. Japanese TUNE guitars produced today are not marketed outside of Japan because of international intellectual property laws.
  8. pjinserra

Ps>..... even though this is a Korean made TUNE, this is a very good deal IMO. The seller accurately describes its features and characteristics. At his asking price, there are few comparisons that would compete in quality and versatility in sound.
  9. Russty1107

Russty1107 Supporting Member

Media:
    Thank you, pjinserra, for the informative reply. It was quite helpful.
  10. pjinserra

You're welcome. One clarification needed. The one I have has a brass nut. From the pics posted, this one appears to have a bone nut....I'm guessing because its white in color. Certainly not a deal breaker even if the nut is dome sort of synthetic material.
  11. PRECISIONFUNK

PRECISIONFUNK

I have a Tune TWB43 bass. I got it for $400 brand new. It was originally almost $800 but the guy who had them in his store was going out of business so he was trying to get rid of them. He might even have some still lying around if anyone is interested. Anyhow...this company Tune are unsung heroes. This bass was a steel and I would put it up against any high end $2000 bass and I know what I am talking about...been playing for close to 30 years. If you can scoop one up...do it. Great basses for the price (if you can find a decent price on one).

www.ragefocus.com
  12. WarriorJoe7

sold
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2014

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.