No longer available FS / FT : Beautiful Alembic 1996 MK Signature Standard (retracted)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by earsplit, Mar 20, 2014.

1. earsplit

earsplit Supporting Member

Up for grabs is a 1996 Alembic MK Signature Standard with the following specs:

Scale : 34"
    Thru body neck : 3 maple + 2 walnut pinstripes
    Fingerboard : ebony
    Nut width : 1.750
    24th fret width : 2.250
    Truss rods : dual, body adjust
    Body material : mahogany
    Body depth : 1.50
    Finish : high gloss polyester with satin neck
    Pickups : AXY4
    Controls : vol, pan, low-pass filter with q switch x2 + LED switch
    Tailpiece : solid brass, bird
    Machine heads : Gold Alembic-Gotoh
    + Red side LED's

This bass is 99% perfect for me except for the scale. I've been wanting to move to short scale for a while and finally got an offer on a SC deluxe. I can't justify owning both. This is priced to move at $3750 + shipping. I'm based out of NYC and would prefer not to ship this. For trades, I'm only really interested in Alembic Stanley Clarke Signature Deluxes.

Once you figure out the controls, this thing can make a massive variety of sounds. I haven't weighed it but it feels around 10 lbs. Heavy but not the worst. It also sits well with a strap and has zero neck dive. I've got it set up with fairly low action but I'll change the strings before it leaves. I haven't needed to adjust the truss rod in a while, and this thing never losses tune.

Picture from when I got it:

[​IMG]

Cell phone quality pics with guts. 4 batteries are for the LED's, 1 battery for the preamp. I've only changed it once this year.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

EDIT:

This didn't sell quick enough and I've retracted it. I will still accept trade offers via PM. See my profile for what trades I'd be interested in

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  2. justjake

justjake

nice , nice , nice !!

3. Cornel

Cornel

Yummy, more pics pls.

4. earsplit

Unfortuantely I only have a bad cellphone camera. If you want pictures of a specific thing let me know and I'll try my best to capture it. These photos do not do this bass justice. It has the most beautiful and glowing top I've seen on on of these.

Fretboard will be cleaned before it leaves. It's been my primary bass for the last 4 months and has gotten a couple hours of play a day.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Rumblefisher

Rumblefisher Supporting Member

and that's why walnut is my favorite lookin' wood :)

7. earsplit

A few bites so far. To the top!

8. marcus43

marcus43

9. marcus43

marcus43

10. robocop

robocop

Hi,
    Have been admiring this guitar and am interested in buying it. I live in the U.K. would you be willing to ship to U.K. Could I just ask if the white marks that show on the pictures are they on the guitar or is that the camera? look forward to hearing from you.

11. earsplit

I'm going to mark this as retracted for now. I will be sure to contact you if I decide to put it up for sale again.

And the white marks are from my camera phone with bad lighting. I will give her a full clean and take pictures if I ever put it up again.

12. bassman28

bassman28 Supporting Member