1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

FS/ FT: Black Abalone Pickguard, Fender Blacktop Jazz

Discussion in 'For Sale: Accessories' started by ShadowVampyre, Mar 28, 2014.

1. ShadowVampyre

ShadowVampyre Supporting Member

Hi, I aboslutely loved this black abalone pickguard, and wanted it so bad for my White chrome pearl Fender Blacktop Jazz (Double P), but just never got around to having one made.

Turns out MarkoYYZ ordered one on accident, and I bought it. Loved the look on my blacktop, but just sold my blacktop Jazz, since I really do not play 4 strings, or like the Jazz skinny neck.
    LOL

So, I have this for sale, $45 shipped CONUS, what I paid for it from MarkoYYZ. like brand new, used once, and not with a pick.

I would be interested in some trades for:
    -White pearloid Fender 5 string Precision pickguard
    -Black Fender 5 string Precision pickguard
    -Any StingRay 5 HH pickguards
    -Comfort Strap
    -Really anything else you might think is a fair trade

Thanks for looking, and thanks to MarkoYYZ, I am recyling his pictures :D

Attached Files:

2. MarkoYYZ

MarkoYYZ Supporting Member

No worries about the pictures - borrow away.

Just a note to the lookers - the PG won't fit a non-export Aerodyne, which is what I originally bought it for.

They go for $60 new (plus taxes & shipping it cost me over $75) and it was never mounted, so $45 with shipping is a pretty good deal for a "new" pickguard.
    http://www.wdmusic.com/fender_blacktop_jazz_bass_black_abalone_jbbt_335.html

GLWTS

3. birminghambass

birminghambass Supporting Member

Will it fit a MIA or MIM regular jazz? I'm thinking about converting my jazz to a PJ...

4. MarkoYYZ

MarkoYYZ Supporting Member

If you use the PG itself to position your new P pup routing, then yes.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. 4to5to6

4to5to6 Bassist Supporting Member

Looking at WD's website it almost looks like it has blue and red flecks in it. Looks really good. How about a close up photo with a coin next to it for reference.

7. ShadowVampyre

Oh it is beautiful, my favorite, I just don't have the blacktop anymore . ImageUploadedByTalkBass1396840584.624844.jpg ImageUploadedByTalkBass1396840600.309361.jpg

8. 4to5to6

4to5to6 Bassist Supporting Member

Wow! That is nice! Thanks for the closeups. I would have to modify the neck pocket cutout slightly so it would fit my Sadowsky but it is really tempting.

9. ShadowVampyre