1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

FS/FT Brand New Gibson EB5 (2013) 5 string Fireburst 8.3 LBS!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by BFISHER1970, Sep 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BFISHER1970

BFISHER1970 Supporting Member

Rating - 97.7%
    175   4   0

SOLD!!!

2013 Gibson EB 5 string in Fireburst with original hard shell case

-Swamp ash body
    -Set maple neck w/ rosewood board. The flatter asymmetrical neck profile reminds me of a Lakland 55-02 & is very very comfortable
    -Nitrocellulose laquer finish (grain texture comes through nicely)
    -Babicz Full Contact bridge (this thing is really nice!)
    -19mm string spacing
    -1.75" nut width
    -Gotoh tuners...Gibson's specs say Grover but all of the 5ers I have seen have Gotoh. These are super smooth and accurate and have bigger shafts than the normal Gotohs I have seen.
    -Humbucking pickups with Alnico V magnets that are switchable to single coil by pulling up on the volume knobs
    -VVT with push/pull pots on both volumes for coil splitting
    -Plek cut Corian nut
    -Gibson (TKL) hard case w/white fur interior looks classy
    -Includes 3 sets of strings...Stock, D'addario Chromes & D'addario Nickel rounds

This was hand picked, fully inspected, and set up for me by the head tech at Sweetwater.
    I have played it for about an hour total and it has never left my house
    Perfect shape with protective plastic still on the pickguard, perfect setup, perfect frets, sounds awesome, super light for a 5 string (8.3 lbs.)!!
    I am just so used to the sound of my jazz basses with model j pickups that I'm going to let this go.
    I got a deal from Sweetwater so I'll pass it on rather than return it if someone wants it. This is a good one!

$995 Paypal shipped lower 48 US
    (save $150 off a new one for this new hand picked bass and get free strings!)

International is ok but this is a set neck bass with hard case so it's too big for USPS. FedEx or UPS are expensive but if you want to pay for the shipping I'll send it.

Would prefer a trade for a newer light (around 9lbs) Fender American Standard Jazz, a Fender Hwy 1 jazz plus, or a Fender Hwy 1 P with a J pickup rout, (+/- cash as needed) but feel free to send me a PM if you have something else of about the same value or partials plus cash to even out the deal.
  2. BFISHER1970

Rating - 97.7%
    175   4   0

3. BFISHER1970

Rating - 97.7%
    175   4   0

Couple more
  4. BFISHER1970

Rating - 97.7%
    175   4   0

5. BFISHER1970

Rating - 97.7%
    175   4   0

Case & Accessories
  6. glivanos

glivanos

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0

You have a pm.
  7. SMIFFMAN

SMIFFMAN

0   0   0

OK Ill go ahead and ask... How is the neck set? I can't see screws/bolts... What am I missing? Is it a neck thru?
  8. BFISHER1970

Rating - 97.7%
    175   4   0

It's a set neck
    Gibson uses a dovetail joint on a lot of their guitars and basses
  9. BFISHER1970

Rating - 97.7%
    175   4   0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.