1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FS/FT Brawley 5 Thru-neck, 35," Nordstrand Big Singles, Glock Pre

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by sailorofcheese, Mar 18, 2014.

1. sailorofcheese

sailorofcheese

*Update: Upgraded the Pre to a 3-Band Glockenlang.

Hi, Looking to sell or trade my Brawley Artemis 5-String bass. Here's a quote from the old website from Keith Brawley:

'In summary, Brawley Guitars combines Yankee ingenuity and global capability. Our American designs are executed in Korea using maple from Canada, rosewood from India, swamp ash from Louisiana and frets from Japan made from German alloy! This is truly an international achievement that bears my name, my dream, and my passion. I hope you’ll take the time to play a Brawley guitar or bass and see how dreams can come true.”

Its an excellent bass w/ surprising quality. I'm looking to try something different, as my other bass has similar tone/feel.

Specs:
    Thru Neck (maple neck/rosewood fretboard)
    Looks like a flamed maple top w/ ash body (tobacco burst/sunburst)
    Upgraded Glockenklang 3-band preamp
    Upgraded pickups to Nordstrand Big Singles
    Made in Korea, amazing build quality.
    Between 18mm-19mm string spacing at the bridge
    35" scale (tight B-string, no issues)
    24 frets (very very good fretwork)
    *not pictured is a Brawley pearloid inlay emblem at the 12th fret.

Sale: $650 - Local/cash. will ship, however, buyer will pay shipping (fully insured/packaged by UPS)
    Trade: ($700 trade value) - REDDI box, American Fender P5 + cash, Yamaha BB5000AF, Ibanez Gary Willis GWB-35 Fretless, Fender Precision 1970's reissue (MIJ) Fretless, Aguilar TH500, Genz Benz Shuttles or streamliners.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 26, 2014 at 8:09 PM
  2. beardedclam

beardedclam

Interesting brand, I have not seen one of these in a little while. Got any more pics? Thanks
  3. sailorofcheese

sailorofcheese

The pickup covers pictured are alittle beat up. These have been replaced by a brand new set of Nordstrand pickup covers

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 26, 2014 at 8:10 PM
  4. sailorofcheese

sailorofcheese

excellent sounding bass

Attached Files:

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. groovemaster88

groovemaster88

Width at nut?
  7. sailorofcheese

sailorofcheese

Total Nut Width: **1-15/16" (50mm)
    Last edited: May 1, 2014
  8. bassguyky48

bassguyky48 Supporting Member

Beautiful bass.............I love these old Brawley's. The quality is absolutely fantastic!
  9. sailorofcheese

sailorofcheese

Thanks bassguy. it truly is a amazing bass. Im on the market for my first fretless, so we'll see what comes of this sale.
  10. bassguyky48

bassguyky48 Supporting Member

Big singles are absolutely fantastic..........when I redone my Brawley, I noticed the pickups and pre were marked like Ibanez. Somebody who likes a well made bass ought to grab this one. If Keith would have kept going, everyone would know about these basses...........he had a passion for quality.
  11. sailorofcheese

sailorofcheese

12. kshipley1

kshipley1 Supporting Member

Hi, what's the weight on this beauty? Is the fretboard radius flat or fender-ish? Thx
  13. kshipley1

One more quick one; with Fenders 5 strings width at the nut at 1.875/ 47.6mm, the Brawley at 2-1/8" (53.975mm) seems exceptionally wide. Sorry to bug you, but are you sure of that width at the nut. Thank you
  14. sailorofcheese

sailorofcheese

Weight is at least 10lbs. Hopefully i'll get a more accurate weight for you soon. With the wood combination heavy Ash/maple, its on the heavier side. I'm measuring from the the very end of the nut at each side, not the string spacing. ** CORRECTION. total Nut width is 1-15/16" (50mm). its still a wider neck than the fender. I'm unfamiliar with fender 5 string fretboards. the fretboard is not flat. it does have a radius, however, not extreme. I dont have much to compare to sorry. Hopefully you can try it out in person. This bass was comfortable for my hands, which arent' gigantic.
    Last edited: May 1, 2014
  15. sailorofcheese

sailorofcheese

16. kshipley1

Would you consider shipping if I paid shipping plus extra $$ for your time and effort
  17. DaveAceofBass

DaveAceofBass Supporting Member

For a Korean made instrument, these are really decent. We sold them at Sam Ash when I worked there. Great bang for the buck!
  18. sailorofcheese

sailorofcheese

Bump still for sale. I will consider shipping, however, I will have UPS wrap/package it to have it fully insured. I can get shipping rates if interested pm me with your area code.
  19. sailorofcheese

sailorofcheese

20. jar240

jar240

Hi. Could you post a photo of the headstock?
  21. dozicusmaximus

dozicusmaximus Supporting Member

Check out post #4 :)