1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD FS/FT: Carvin BX500

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by MarTONEbass, Nov 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarTONEbass

MarTONEbass Supporting Member

I really like this amp and I have gigged with it on numerous occasions with fantastic results. I am astounded at the number of sounds and amount of power that is in this box.

After 24+ years of playing I decided to try some effects and wrongly used the effects loop on the unit to do so. I experienced some light distortion. Not knowing this was a case of operator error (DOH!), I sent it back to Carvin under warranty to have them check it out. I have since learned that this is the typical result when you use a stompbox in the effects loop and no harm was caused. So as expected, Carvin found no issues with the unit. :bag:

I have gigged with it a few times since, but while it was in the shop, I found another amp that I think works better in my current situation.

I might be interested in trades, let me know what you have. Not really looking for anything specific, but I might be tempted by a GK MB200/500 or a 2x10 cab. P5 or PJ5 pickups, BEF Pro.

$280 shipped with a clean bill of health from Carvin.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. MarTONEbass

3. jumblemind

jumblemind I also answer to Bryan Supporting Member

4. MarTONEbass

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. MarTONEbass