FS/FT: Carvin BX500

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by MarTONEbass, Nov 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarTONEbass

MarTONEbass Supporting Member

I really like this amp and I have gigged with it on numerous occasions with fantastic results. I am astounded at the number of sounds and amount of power that is in this box.

After 24+ years of playing I decided to try some effects and wrongly used the effects loop on the unit to do so. I experienced some light distortion. Not knowing this was a case of operator error (DOH!), I sent it back to Carvin under warranty to have them check it out. I have since learned that this is the typical result when you use a stompbox in the effects loop and no harm was caused. So as expected, Carvin found no issues with the unit. :bag:

I have gigged with it a few times since, but while it was in the shop, I found another amp that I think works better in my current situation.

I might be interested in trades, let me know what you have. Not really looking for anything specific, but I might be tempted by a GK MB200/500 or a 2x10 cab. P5 or PJ5 pickups, BEF Pro.

$280 shipped with a clean bill of health from Carvin.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. MarTONEbass

PM replied.
  3. jumblemind

jumblemind I also answer to Bryan Supporting Member

4. MarTONEbass

Trade pending.