1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FS/FT Danelectro DC59 Silver Sparkle

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by GeneralElectric, Oct 12, 2012.

1. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric Supporting Member

Danelectro DC59 bass in silver sparkle. I'm moving into a much smaller place, and I just realized that I have 8 basses, 5 guitars, and a bunch of other random instruments and amps! So this has to go!

This bass weighs next to nothing and plays great. Its got its own unique Dano sound. Neck pickup is a little deeper than a jazz pickup and the bridge sounds like a hot jazz bass pickup. Everything works as it should. No real wear to speak of, just a minor indentation on the back of the neck that you can't feel and is hard to photograph. I got this bass from a bass tech/collector out in Strong Island awhile back. Sold it last year, and I just got it back like 2 months ago.

I honestly thought that this was a 32" since it was so easy and effortless to play. However, its a 34". Whenever I play this bass, it brings a smile to my face because its so much fun. I sold this bass, bought it back from the guy, and now its going again. :bawl: This thing sounds monstrous with flats and a pick, but is currently strung with dead rounds from the previous owner. With new rounds, its got a great grindy Rancid-like tone. I've had no problems intonating this Dano like some people seem to have had. I can toss in a new set of el cheapo rounds if the buyer wants.

What am I looking for in trade?
    Banjo, autoharp, dulcimer, mandolin. I could use a small guitar or bass combo such as a Roland Cube 30.

Other stuff I'm interested in is a DI Box, distortion pedal, or some interesting pedals.

For non-musical instrument related trades, I could use a leather motorcycle style jacket or nice sun glasses. I'm a 44R.

Otherwise $300+shipping from 10310. Bass comes in a gig bag and will be well packed. Shipping via Fedex is pretty cheap since I live next to a Fedex distribution center.

I have some other stuff up for sale/trade. I wouldn't mind combining them to get some nicer gear.

Hollowbody Jazz Guitar

Jazz Bass Project

Aguilar GS410
  2. GeneralElectric

Some actual crappy phone photos. Still has the production stickers on it. The only real wear to speak of is the odd headstock ding and some minor discoloration by the neck strap button.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. GeneralElectric

4. easye

easye Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Curt Mangan Strings, Luther Lee Pickups
    Got a vt bass original, a.custom handwired alembic f2b clone musicman hd150 (would need some cash my way on that one) any.intetest. Nj here
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. GeneralElectric

7. GeneralElectric

Buyer finally fell through bump
  8. easye

easye Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Curt Mangan Strings, Luther Lee Pickups
    still avail?
  9. GeneralElectric

10. GeneralElectric

Would also like to put out that I've put some new rounds on the bass. It sounds fantastic.

My teacher actually wanted to buy this off of me but changed his mind because he couldn't spare the money.
  11. loopee

loopee Gold Supporting Member

I have the guitar sibling to this bass in silver sparkle also......bump
  12. GeneralElectric

Sure you don't want a matched pair?
  13. loopee

loopee Gold Supporting Member

No......do you?
  14. GeneralElectric

Yes but I'm an awful guitar player bump. :p

I just had a large vet bill land in my lap since my pathetic pitbull ate my wristwatch. So this needs to get sold so I can square off my credit card bill and my eventual new dog and wrist watch bills. ;)

The dog is fine. My watch... not so much
  15. bassgod76

bassgod76 Cort bassist by obligation Supporting Member

Still avail?