1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD FS/FT: F Bass Fretless 5 - 34" Neck Through Model

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by swpyne, Jul 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

This is a very beautiful 1987 F Bass fretless 5 string with neck-through construction. It's also a 34" scale which is rare for these basses.

It sports passive electronics with custom F Bass pickups. Simple Vol/Vol/Tone with coil tap switch. Ebony board with fret position hash marks and pearl dots from the octave up.

The bass originally had a different bridge but George installed the current bridge and modified it to allow it to be strung through the body. The finish is a very beautiful nitro teal green that is quite hard to photograph accurately. I will try to take some outside photos to show it's true color better.

There are no issues with this bass. It's a fabulous player with killer F Bass fretless tone. The fingerboard was refurbished this past spring by George himself along with a full setup. It includes a brand new F Bass gig bag.

I am only offering this bass up for sale because I recently bought a Vadim that I find I am a little more comfortable with!

$2,495.00 OBO Shipped and Insured in the CONUS

I will consider a trade for an equal value 34" fretted 5 string jazz bass. Less than 10 pounds please.....

Something along the lines of a Sadowsky, MBass, Pavel, Fodera NYC, Xotic XJ,. You get the idea!

I would also consider a recent Deluxe Fender 5 String Jazz Bass plus some cash!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. pookiebass

pookiebass Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Thomastik strings
    HI,
    Beautiful bass; what is the weight and body wood?
    With the coil tap I assume the pickups are hum cancelling.
    Best,
    CD

3. swpyne

Honestly I don't know what the body wood is. The bass weighs 8 pounds 15.6 ounces on my digital scale. Just a hair under 9 pounds. I believe the pickups are hum-cancelling mostly because I have never heard any hum.....:D The switch changes the overall tonal characteristic of the instrument. I really don't use it as I like the way the bass sounds with the switch in the normal position.

4. Hotblack

Hotblack Pay the cost to be the boss. Supporting Member

"Where does he get those wonderful toys?"
    Free bump for great T'Basser and great bass.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. mking

mking Supporting Member

What a beauty!

7. Kevin Woods

Kevin Woods Supporting Member

Great TB'r here, people.

I just bought a vintage fretless F and the sound of the passive tone knob has truly blown my mind. These instruments have lots of tlc in them.

Cheers.

8. swpyne

I agree whole heartedly......

9. jebmd

jebmd Supporting Member

Cool bass, up you go.

10. swpyne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.