FS/FT Gretsch Brian Setzer Hot Rod

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by TechJunky, Feb 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TechJunky

TechJunky Supporting Member

Sold!!

Specs:
    Laminated maple body
    Ebony fretboard
    TV Jones Filter'Tron pickups
    Single master volume and pup selector switch
    Bigsby trem
    Sprezel locking tuners
    TKL Gretsch-branded hardshell case

Putting my Gretsch Brian Setzer Hot Rod up. What a great guitar, my first real Gretsch! I absolutely love the neck, and that beautiful Gretsch sound. However, I find myself a.) playing my Les Paul almost all the time, b.) I never quite adjusted to the larger body, and c.) tend to be playing bass more often these days.

I forget the year at the moment (2009 sticks in my head, but will need to confirm), but I do know this has the '59 trestle bracing and TV Jones Filter'Tron pickups. Definitely has great tone, and packs one hell of a punch! I originally bought it thinking it could only do that "one" sound and be limited, but this thing is a lot more versatile than I ever could have imagined. Great for all styles of music. Has the simplified controls (just pickup selector switch and master volume, that's it!), but it's amazing what you can do by rolling back the volume a bit and choosing the right pickup. Helped me focus on just playing the thing instead of fiddling with knobs and trying to find different tones!

Overall the guitar is in very good shape. It has the matte black finish, and as such, it is a bit worn in the back. It was like that when I bought it, and is hard to show in pictures (but you can kind of make it out below), but is noticeable in person at the right angles. However, it's just on the back. The front looks great, with no visible damage that I've seen. Neck is in great shape, fretboard is in great shape, frets are in great shape, has sperzel locking tuners and a bigsby trem. The controls are a little scratchy, however, which I'm sure someone with more know-how could easily fix. Never bothered me enough to try to do anything with, but want to disclose everything. Previous owner installed schaller strap locks on the guitar, which will be included. I believe they have the original knobs in the case too, but the screws are different size, so I never tried to switch them back. Includes original TKL hardshell case.

[DEL]Asking $1400 shipped obo, paypal'd, CONUS only.[/DEL] SOLD!

Trades: Strats, P-basses, and jazz basses mostly. Can't add much on my end, but will consider trade+cash on your end. Maple fretboards are preferred, but not strictly required.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. strangedejavu

strangedejavu Supporting Member

Media:
    bump for my FAVORITE guitar
  3. TechJunky

Thanks for the free bump!
  4. 707hippie

707hippie Supporting Member

Wish I still had a Fender or two sitting around now my good friend would love this
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. TechJunky

Outright sale is preferred (make me a reasonable offer, folks!), but still accepting trade offers too! I also like Stingray's, other non-Fender P basses, Les Paul style guitars, telecasters...
  7. TechJunky

8. 707hippie

707hippie Supporting Member

Any interest in a G&L M2000
  9. TechJunky

Not really. Mainly looking for a good P bass, Jazz, or Strat (or of course a sale so I can buy one of those)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.